Thread: Brucie Bonus Webley Nemesis oring sizes?

Brucie Bonus Webley Nemesis oring sizes?

well I had a bit of luck today.
    went to a second hand tool shop to trade in some tools, came out fair and square with £40 cash and cracking big Record vice. I left my number and told the owner Im on the lookout for a lathe, and just at the last minute asked if he ever got any airguns in.

"well, a chap was in the other week looking at one I had and he cocked it without the action in the stock and broke it. he said "ill buy it. be back in a minute", and never returned." He goes through the back of the shop and comes back with a binbag.
    Turns out to be a Mk5 Meteor with a broken linkage and glued and pinned stock. The proprietor then also produced a Webley Nemesis - "this needs a new piston. Tenner for both?"
    I said "Ive got enough guns in bits at the moment" to which he replied "OK - how about you just take them away, I dont want them" !!

So.. after messing about with the nemesis, it occasionally holds air so Im assuming its just needing seals replaced.. its a bit bashed about and the rear sight leaf is broken off, but for FREE you cant argue - Ive always said Id get one of these at some point - my pal bought one new when they came out and I never really liked it, but because its a Webley - I really should have one for the sake of it!

So, anyone have the sizes written down for these orings? From what Ive read the information might be contained in Phil Bulmers stripdown guide from November 2007, but I vaguely remember reading this and I dont think there was any mention of non OEM parts.

Also, if any of you guys have had sealing issues with these - please enlighten me for what I should be looking out for.

thanks
    Donald

The Nemesis works by dumping all the air for one shot. There is a sprung loaded device that opens the valve by pulling down on the valve when the trigger is pulled. The valve stem can make its way loose, and the flange end approaches the end stop, so when the trigger is pulled the valve stem barely moves and little or no air comes out. Just make sure the valve stem is tight.

Another common fault is the barrel making its way slightly forward in the clamps, then the breech doesn't seal tight against the transfer port.

The first time you take a side plate off the grip, be aware that a loose pin between the two halves carries one end of the main spring. When the cover plate comes off, you lose support for one end of this pin, and either the spring or the pin - or both - can ping out and go and hide under the furniture.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Thanks Rich, its not the barrel - you can feel if the charge is holding or not when you cock it.. its a 50/50. I did notice if I cock it quickly, or if I half cock it, then fully cock it, it will hold - so I may have to check that the valve stem is moving correctly as you say. I presume that the tiny hole in the piston is for applying oil of some type to the cylinder? Im wondering if it might just be dry?
    No time to strip it down just now anyway - I was just hoping there was a known set of seals so I could just pickup a few f each for pennies.

www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Well.. stripped it right down.. cleaned all the gunk out.. needs a breech seal, 'hammer/catch', and could do with a new oring.. i couldn't find one that fit as well as the original, even though 8ts a bit flat. Ive still not shot it... no 177s in the house.. ill pick up a tin tomorrow. The piston is nice and powerful feeling so it's tricky closing the gun whilst holding back the hammer/catch.. theres a piece broken off which allows the catch to sit too far forward, blocking the closure of the gun.
    its cocked and safety set overnight just to see if it will hold any air.
    ive temporarily lubed it with hot sauce reel oil. It was all i had to hand that seemed to fit the bill.. i had that, moly, millers red rubber grease and some synthetic oil and the hot sauce won simply as its thin and easily applied.
    Can't wait to try it.. i love free guns!! I need a red dot though as the rear sight is unavailable.

Just had a wee tinker.. replaced the piston oring with one from my old airsoft spares box.. perfect fit with a tokyo marui piston oring. Power is there now. Also replaced the trigger spring with one a little less stiff. Adjusted the trigger for a nice letoff.. ill need to go back in and polish the sear up as the first stage is rough.
    Finally, as the rear sight is broken, i removed it and have fitted a 20mm rail onto the top of the pistol. I still need to put one more fixing in it to make it totally secure but it looks great. The bonus here is i dont need to faff about getting 13mm rings for the plastic rail on the pistol, AND i have all manner of red dots and scopes etc to choose from off the bay that use 20mm rail.
    Plus it looks proper futuristic!... ill need to sort the grips out as one of them is broken at the bottom. I could use some of that metal putty stuff but i think ill make a set out of some walnut i have and refit the gold webley badge to them.
    All in pretty chuffed with this little freebie.. need to get some .177 pellets to try it !!!! Ha ha
    Last edited by thisisdonald; 02-11-2014 at 12:50 PM.
    Donald