Thread: which junior 10m match rifle?

which junior 10m match rifle?

thinking of getting some junior rifles into the club in an attempt to attract some young blood.

therefore we need some cost effective junior weight match rifles, but which one to choose? would prefer pcp.

anybody got any experience with this?

Walther LG300 XT Junior Air Rifle is imo the best option but you may be a bit put off by the price. Then there is the Hammerli AR20, but it really isn't a patch on the Walther. Then there is the Air Arms MPR, but it really is a compromise and probably a little too large for your purposes.

The Walther may be the most expensive but I feel that it would be best suited to your needs and probably best value in the long run.

Rutty

Gunpower Edge is a reliable gun and accurate with good dioptre sights.
    A Real Peaky Blinder - Spring Is The Thing

Gunpower Edge is a reliable gun and accurate with good dioptre sights.
    That may well be the case, but they have truly awful triggers.

Rutty

tufty is offline I wondered how that worked..
    Have to agree with you there Rutty,truly dreadful
    Steyr LG110 Hunter,AA410 in Gary Cane stock,HC, Steyr LP50,Morini 164ei,Morini CM84e,Anschutz 1417 thumbhole,Rimfire Magic 10/22,Anschutz 1913,Rieder and Lenz Z2,Keppeler 6mmbr

Air arms s200 target version are good beginners rifles, our club uses them for juniors as they are small and light.
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

FWB 500 is amazingly light - feels like the wood is Balsa !

Budget end - there is a dioptre equipped version of one of the Chinese C02 rifles that's shoulderable for a junior, GF had some luck with a tuned HW30S as a starter Bell Target rifle.
    Want List :
    HW55T - Found and I am now in love
    Pictures :

Air arms S200 Target or the CZ equivalent (same gun), very capable and light and short enough for youngsters

The SMK QB78 Match is a cheap option and I have seen some fantastic scores from them, a little rough round the edges and not the best triggers (although these are easy to improve) but certainly seem capable enough for a new shooter,
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Quote Originally Posted by nige346 View Post
    Air arms S200 Target or the CZ equivalent (same gun), very capable and light and short enough for youngsters

The SMK QB78 Match is a cheap option and I have seen some fantastic scores from them, a little rough round the edges and not the best triggers (although these are easy to improve) but certainly seem capable enough for a new shooter,
    CZ200. No doubt. Best value for club use. FWB Walther etc, great for private ownership, too expensive for club.
    Gunpowers are dreadfull, forget those.
    If CO2 would be an option, Tau MK200. You can convert them to air.
    I also love my Alfa Proj, but rear sight is dreadfull.
    ATB,
    yana