Thread: Old clonker wanted

Old clonker wanted

Hi All.
    I hope this post isn't doubled up anywhere, but when I clicked to post, my thread just seemed to vanish into cyber space.
    So I'll try again.
    I want to take up target air pistol after a very long break,
    Since I have no ambitions to win any medals, I'd like to combine it with a bit of nostalgia, so to that end I'm looking for an old pistol.
    If you have in your attic covered in cobwebs a Feinwerkbau 65/80/90, or a Walther single stroke pneumatic, LP2/3 etc. and you're interested in selling, please do get in touch.
    Many thanks, and I look forward to being here.

Welcome back!

I took up target air pistol shooing again just over 3 years ago after a 40 year break

I still enjoy it even though for various reasons I will never be able to shoot as well as I did in the 1970's - but it is still a good sport that can be enjoyed by all ages and at all levels.

I also prefer shooting "nostalgic" air pistols (I call them "Classic" air pistols) and have just gone through most of the current crop of PCP air pistols - but after the initial joy of seeing how far the air pistols had progressed since I was last involved in it I now realise just how little the scores have improved!

It is still possible to embarrass any of the best PCP pistols with a good classic such as the Model 65 or 80, and the "on ticket" CO2 pistols of the 1970's can now be bought and shot just like any other air pistol and so it is also possible to enjoy them as well.

The CO2 pistols have been the most pleasant surprise and currently are my favourite choice to use outside of the MPL competitions. If you can find a nice Walther LPM-1 you will find it shoots much better than the older LP2 and LP3 as the pellet speed is much faster - likewise with any of the FWB SSP pistols.

I hope your voyage of rediscovery will be as enjoyable as mine has been
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.