Thread: Webley MK VI

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gordon View Post
    This is the first time i have bought a C02 pistol Webley MK V1, i used ASG capsules ,should you hear the CO2 venting when you pierce the bulb (mine did not ) it produced chrono readings from 319 fps to 333fps ( cold day) with Gamo 4.5mm 8.18 gr lead ball i have not put a lot through it,just wanted to check , newbie to CO2 shooting .. Gordon.
    Asg capsules are fine. When piercing the co2 bulb most guns vent with an audible hiss and you just keep turning the screw until the hissing stops. I was surprised that my Webley mk.6 did not hiss but pierced silently.....this is unusual but most welcome as it wastes no gas.
    Your muzzle velocities sound about right for Gamo lead ball.
    My tests were done with Umarex steel bb which are a nominal 5 grains, hence the higher velocity.
    Gamo are not accurate at all in my pistol, in fact they are designed for guns with rifled barrels. The sizing of the Gamo bb are not very consistent in my experience so I do not use them. Gamo rlb are nominal .177 size, whereas steel bb are .175 .
    Most co2 powered bb guns are designed for steel bb so it is best to stick with them. Caveat....... some pistols will prefer lead bb's so try them by all means.
    Pete.

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...
    Quote Originally Posted by flatrajectory View Post
    Asg capsules are fine. When piercing the co2 bulb most guns vent with an audible hiss and you just keep turning the screw until the hissing stops. I was surprised that my Webley mk.6 did not hiss but pierced silently.....this is unusual but most welcome as it wastes no gas.
    Your muzzle velocities sound about right for Gamo lead ball.
    My tests were done with Umarex steel bb which are a nominal 5 grains, hence the higher velocity.
    Gamo are not accurate at all in my pistol, in fact they are designed for guns with rifled barrels. The sizing of the Gamo bb are not very consistent in my experience so I do not use them. Gamo rlb are nominal .177 size, whereas steel bb are .175 .
    Most co2 powered bb guns are designed for steel bb so it is best to stick with them. Caveat....... some pistols will prefer lead bb's so try them by all means.
    Pete.
    Thanks Pete, i have just replied to another post explaining why i am using lead... see above reply, Thanks again i`m learning