Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Webley MK VI

Quote Originally Posted by flatrajectory View Post
    I am pleased to hear you are using the correct shooting stance for this pistol young Patrick.
    One handed ,with the weak hand resting on your hip. Good man, keep it up.......tickety boo and all that.
    Pete.

P.S.
    Anyone seen to be using the modern 'Weaver' stance with this revolver will be flogged at dawn......you have been warned.

Or on your sword hilt Though I suppose they wouldn't be using swords in the trenches, only in the cavalry.

Around 50 degrees in old money Pete.
    Yes correct Officer and Gentleman stance.
    Both eyes open and narrowed as in 'goodness there are thousands of the b*ggers'

I bought a set of DW shells but I thought the heads were too soft to be gripped in the chuck and remain central. I was also unhappy about wether my metal cutting tools would cut the soft plastic cleanly. In the end I turned some white plastic bar and made some pellet heads to push into the cases. It is a bit of a job to push the pellets skirt first into the heads but they work quite well.
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

This pistol is perfect for rapid fire as the discipline was invented after an English officer walked into a French farm house and surprised 5 Germans, who he managed to shoot before they could get him. He obviously would have had a webley mk 6
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

Quote Originally Posted by Bjacobs571 View Post
    I bought a set of DW shells but I thought the heads were too soft to be gripped in the chuck and remain central. I was also unhappy about wether my metal cutting tools would cut the soft plastic cleanly. In the end I turned some white plastic bar and made some pellet heads to push into the cases. It is a bit of a job to push the pellets skirt first into the heads but they work quite well.
    No need to grip the soft bullet head in the chuck. What I did was to slide the bullet head along a length of steel rod ( approx 3.5mm diam, from memory), so that it is a tight fit on the rod, then grip the rod in the jaws of the chuck.
    As long as you use a very sharp lathe tool it will cut no problem.
    Pete.

If you drill the whole thing right through, you can load from the rear, which is far easier.

No need to grip the soft bullet head in the chuck. What I did was to slide the bullet head along a length of steel rod ( approx 3.5mm diam, from memory), so that it is a tight fit on the rod, then grip the rod in the jaws of the chuck.
    As long as you use a very sharp lathe tool it will cut no problem.
    Pete.
    Great Idea I hadn't thought of doing that, although 3.5mm might be a bit small for my chuck to grip. still I can always turn a larger rod down to 3.5mm.

Quote Originally Posted by jassi View Post
    If you drill the whole thing right through, you can load from the rear, which is far easier.

Wash your mouth out young man....we won't take that kind of talk on this forum....

Wash your mouth out young man....we won't take that kind of talk on this forum....
    I think I just tittered before tiffin.

Photos?

Anyone found time (in between all the shooting) to take some photos showing off the pistol, the finish, position of the safety, open barrel/cylinder, hammer pin etc?

Does the paint come off the mazak after a bit of handling, like those Dinky racing cars we used to flip across the playground when we were kids?

Regards,
    MikB
    ...history... is, indeed, little more than the register of the crimes, follies, and misfortunes of mankind. (Edward Gibbon: Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire)

Not yet.
    But I haven't thrown it across the playground.

As far as photos go plenty of videos on You Tube.

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimstraight View Post
    Anyone found time (in between all the shooting) to take some photos showing off the pistol, the finish, position of the safety, open barrel/cylinder, hammer pin etc?
    Some here.. http://s22.photobucket.com/user/chor.../Webley%20Mkv1 a couple out of focus, a bit like my shooting ..atb Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by MikB View Post
    Does the paint come off the mazak after a bit of handling, like those Dinky racing cars we used to flip across the playground when we were kids?

Regards,
    MikB
    The paint will/ does rub off with use, just as it did on the real steel ones with the wartime finish, ( which Webley have replicated very closely on the replica).

I am loving mine.....it must have one of the smoothest d/a triggers out of the box.

Pete.

Here's one I made earlier The holster is exactly the right period - WWI

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/...ps97eef2f2.jpg