Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Webley MK VI

I do hope the Umarex Peacemaker that is apparently going to appear in 2015, is as accurate a copy of the original as this Co2 version of the Webley MK V1 is.

I also hope it will be available in the three standard barrel lengths, 4 3/4, 5 1/2 and 71/2,but that is probably just wishful thinking!

I'd also like to see Richard's Mason conversion Co2 replicas of the 1860 Army and 1851 Navy too!

Fat chance,I know!

Thanks for the photos. Yes, I now see there are already a few videos on the Y.Tube...the pistol does look good. The comment about the smooth double action trigger is good news, as the DW's bb revolvers seem to be a bit variable (smooth on some, heavy on others).

No sign of production shells yet...

Considering the price of the gun it should come with six spare shells as standard!

Are there spare shells available for anything other than the DW? Even the Python, which has been around for a while now and has a different size again doesn't seem to have spare shells.
    Clearly an after market for some enterprising person. In the meantime, one is probably stuck with modifying DW shells.
    Last edited by jassi; 28-11-2014 at 11:50 AM.

This is what they are selling for in the States, http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Webley..._Revolver/3560

as usual we are getting ripped off in the UK!

You must remember, though, that carriage will be expensive, maybe another $25 and then there is VAT to pay on total cost on arrival in UK and then ParcelForce will charge another £10 for the privilege of delivering it to your door. Possibly a bit cheaper than UK price, but not as much as you might think.
    There is also the small problem that Pyramid won't deliver to UK. Better to wait until the Germans have it for sale.

Maybe mrto was getting at the fact that for a customer in the US it will cost $199 (around £132). That is the delivered price in the US (put in zip code 10001 for NYC - free delivery).

Unfortunately we can not compare stateside prices, which are probably based on huge quantities, fewer middle men and ease of delivery by domestic post.

A few folk may be wishing to wait for a pellet firing version of this pistol.

Has anyone got the pellet firing version of the DW revolver by ASG? I'm wondering whether they are actually worth the wait?

Does the pellet reliably feed from the shell into the rifled barrel? What is the fps like; the bb version was only 3J/2fpe and now it's pushing a heavier lead pellet down a rifled barrel?

you also have to remember that the USA price does not include sales tax so $199 is actually $218 with a typical 9% sales tax so that £132 becomes £143 which is what you would pay in the USA
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

Quote Originally Posted by Aimstraight View Post
    A few folk may be wishing to wait for a pellet firing version of this pistol.

Has anyone got the pellet firing version of the DW revolver by ASG? I'm wondering whether they are actually worth the wait?

Does the pellet reliably feed from the shell into the rifled barrel? What is the fps like; the bb version was only 3J/2fpe and now it's pushing a heavier lead pellet down a rifled barrel?
    I suppose it depends on what you expect. They will never be as reliable or powerful as a S&W.
    I fitted a rifled barrel into a DW a couple of years ago and pellets feed into the barrel with no problem. I don't have a chrono so can't comment on power though it is certainly adequate at 10 yards.
    I can't be doing with bbs -nasty things - and much prefer shooting lead.

Currently shooting pellets through the Webley, though with the original smooth barrel - again they feed perfectly.
    A work in progress is a .22 rifled barrel, together with some new brass shells for the larger pellet.

Spare shells for the Mk.VI are on the way. Your local dealer should know when they're available.

I am always keen to get spare shells and magazines for my guns.
    Which I never seem to use.
    Still nice to pass them on to a new owner when I sell -usually at no charge.
    Time to stop both habits!

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    I am always keen to get spare shells and magazines for my guns.
    Which I never seem to use.

Still nice to pass them on to a new owner when I sell -usually at no charge.
    Time to stop both habits!
    I know what you mean

I've got 6 pellet shells that I made and as I can load from the rear, there is no need to remove them from the gun.
    I found with the Dan Wesson that if you fired off too many shots in quick succession, the valve cooled down with subsequent loss of power. Reloading the same few shells allows the valve to recover.

Ian

You can get extra shells for the umarex colt pithon from this place not cheep about £20 for six but I could not find anywhere other to get them as I do not live near any places that could posably sell them.

http://www.sportwaffen-schneider.de/...40_89_108_1302

I do like the webley pistol but it is a bit on the large side for my liking I am also looking forword to seeing if the new Colt 45 is going to be any good one of the things that I like about the idea of having one is the chrome finish it lasts better than the black paint on the webley but then a chrome webley just would not look rite or would it.?