Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crossman M1

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    The yellow stuff is called "sunshine", appears for months on end, very nice to wear a costume especially with a swimming pool in the back garden.(Ah, why did I ever leave, all those hundreds of lovely firearms.)

Baz
    You left to get away from loony,legless athletes with guns.......

Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by sniper24687066 View Post
    Pics of scantily clad women with guns accepted but blokes in their speedos.. NO Baz!

Folding stock version was that general issue to the American Para's during ww2 ?
    Think you are right, was for the paras, see also the larger mag. My Crosman has a steel mag, just for storing bulk bb's, as you know the real 22 shot mag is on top. Did they make plastic mags as well ? Believe the re-enactment guys like these Crosmans due to the realism. Had to post me in knickers as it is the only photo I have of the .30 M1. My daughter in the pic is now 44 years old.

Regards Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

AARGH!!!!!! Can't resist it. If there's 2 things I miss it's my old M1 (Made by Rock Ola) and my 1911 (Made by Colt). PM sent.

Think I must have it, pm me payment details please.

Thanks, Baz

Excuse me I have already said I would have it.

Provisionally SOLD to Mark pending payment.

Sorry Baz I went straight to my personal messages before checking the sales thread. I do have a wooden stock version that I could sell but unsure of the asking price and value. I might have to post a new thread and some pics. You can have first dibs if you are interested. I will message you when I have posted the thread. My apologies once again.

Think you are right, was for the paras, see also the larger mag. My Crosman has a steel mag, just for storing bulk bb's, as you know the real 22 shot mag is on top. Did they make plastic mags as well ? Believe the re-enactment guys like these Crosmans due to the realism. Had to post me in knickers as it is the only photo I have of the .30 M1. My daughter in the pic is now 44 years old.

Regards Baz
    I sold a plastic Crosman M1 stock on flea bay earlier this year to a guy who was a ww2 re-enactment GI .He bought it because they look so realistic.

The bb's are loaded in from the top-cover as you say by pulling back on the cocking handle which opens the slot.The actual magazine is really just for show and the metal ones are like rocking horse doodoo to get hold of.

Quote Originally Posted by markH View Post
    Excuse me I have already said I would have it.
    My friend, this comment was totally unnecessary. Anyone with good observation can see that I was busy typing in my offer while yours was posted 2.31 - mine 2.34. I never saw your previous offer. I dont know why some people on here are so aggressive and quick to be negative to others, it is a bad reflection on the shooting fraternity. You are welcome to the rifle, I have one already.

Baz

My most sincere appologies. I came back 1/2 hour later to find your post. As you so correctly point out my observation was not good and I didn't notice the small time lapse between the posts. I thought that perhaps I should have been more concise and said "Ill have it" rather than my "AAARGH CANT RESIST IT". However I do find it rather sad that you can see agression where there was none.

Thanks,thats OK Mark, hope you enjoy the rifle, I am trying different methods to re-black the Zamak material that the Crosmans they are made of. Mine is going a bit grey. The original M1 I had was actually a kind of dark green finish ?

Baz

Thanks,thats OK Mark, hope you enjoy the rifle, I am trying different methods to re-black the Zamak material that the Crosmans they are made of. Mine is going a bit grey. The original M1 I had was actually a kind of dark green finish ?

Baz
    Have you thought of the acrylic spray by humbrol in a satin black then use a clear acrylic lacquer from simoniz Baz? Its supposed to give good results. I bought the two above items to do the metal work on one of the Crossman's but never got round to it.

I have some acrylic satin black so will give it a go. I have used satin black on my Schimel pistols which are also Zamak and they look good. The Crosman outer barrel is steel so I can refinish that with the amazing G96 Gun Blue Creme, and see how the two finishes look.

Thanks, Baz

Hope you can post the results when you've got round to completing it.

Hope you can post the results when you've got round to completing it.
    Will do sniper. Just been refinishing a very old HW35. See thread on general airgun "G96 best cold blue".

Baz