Thread: Hatsan at44-10

Hatsan at44-10

hi, I have just brought a Hatsan AT44-10 Tactical rifle new & I have cleaned the barrel to make sure it is not full of oil.
    but I am finding that every now & then when I shoot it some of the pellets are going from anything from 1mil dot to 4 mil dots out at 30 yards.
    I am using jsb 452 .177 pellets with a Hawke Panorama EV 4-12x40 AO IR/EV 1/2 mil dot scope which is fine.
    has anyone got any clues as to what it could be that is causing this. thanks
    The Oakies Parkie :

Check the seating of the pellets in the mag'. If they're not consistent it will cause the pellets to 'fly'. You may need a bit of time for the barrel to 'lead in' with some pellet residue, which also helps accuracy. Have you tried any other pellets?

Is the scope held securely in place? if so do you have another you could try? then it is eliminated as a cause.

May raider started doing this once and it was the pellet clipping the Silencer, try a few shots without the silencer on to see if they group any better.

I would expect better accuracy even if it is just out of the box.

Fallen

PS: if it is new could you not return it for another?

As said, could be the mag shaving pellets as they enter the breech, or silencer clipping.

Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

hi all, this is the second scope I have put on the one on it now I took off of my hw100 which was pellet on pellet with it on there, so I know it is not the scope 7 the scope is held securely.
    I have not used a silencer on the gun & the pellets fit into the mags with no probs, also I have tried other pellets as well.
    I did look on u tube at reviews on this gun just before I got it & the reviews were good & most of the people shooting this gun said that the jsb pellets seemed to work well with it.
    thank you all for your input if you have any more ideas please let me know
    The Oakies Parkie :

thanks for all the advice from everyone, the gun has gone back for the seller to look at to see what is wrong with it.
    they are talking about changing the barel
    The Oakies Parkie :

Did you find the problem?

I found that my AT44-10 wouldn't shoot anything but "Accupells" or " Premiers" I struggled to get a clean breach with anything else sometimes having to make a couple of attempts with the side lever to get them to go in !.

I did read a tip that said take off the magazine o ring .....place the mag on a flat surface face up to load....load in pellets ...then lift the mag ...you will notice any "snagging" as they pellets fall through.
    and can sort with a quick file / w&d....
    There have been a few with this I think....

I polished both sides of the mag with 1200 wet n dry, de-burred the teeth with a fine file which made it a whole lot better, I also removed the barrel bands as they were causing the p.o.i to shift as the charge pressure dropped and I also removed the false (read as crap) 1st stage of the trigger using the adjuster screw !.

Once I'd done these few little mods the rifle was shooting well, next on the agenda was a barrel change but I ended up selling it on so I could get a 95k but it's still going strong as a mate bought it and his missus uses it for rats and rabbits at her riding stables and paddocks !.

Tip, lube the mag o-ring regularly, it makes loading a whole lot smoother !!!
    Last edited by TORNADOS7; 21-11-2014 at 07:32 PM.

hi all thanks for all the advice, I have tried everything I could think of to sort this problem out.
    I have now given it back to the gun shop where I brought it from & told them what was going on with the gun & I have left them to sort it out before I started to play golf with it. LOL
    The Oakies Parkie :