Thread: Royal Dog pellets

Royal Dog pellets

Gentlemen,
    I've just been given a plastic box of Royal Dog pellets. Never heard of them before - have you?
    The box is labelled thus - Royal Dog 500 approx tête ronde 5,5mm Plombs pour armes a air.
    The lady who passed them on to me assumes her late husband must have bought them on one of their trips to France.
    The pellets are slightly oxidised, but I've used tattier ones.
    Now, the thing is, do I hang on to them or use them in my Webley Service and BSA Standard Model 2 rifles?
    Your considered opinions, please.
    Thanks
    Glyn

Hi Glyn,

These ring a distant bell. I seem to recall yellow tins of similar pellets from the 1980/90s. The ones I'm thinking of were made by Camilleri of Champion pellet fame and intended for export. Quality was never the best Not a lot of value IMHO and probably not the most accurate to shoot.

Kind regards,

John

If you have never heard of them, and neither have most others, then I'd consider keeping them as a collectable rather than shooting them off......once they're gone, they're gone, as the saying goes.

Keep them,

Except if you feel they were made for one specific purpose !

Corgi MODEL CARS were brilliant wern't they!

Thanks for your replies about the Royal Dog pellets. I can't find anything at all on the Internet about the wretched things so they can go to the back of the cupboard & my sons can inherit them, along with the rest of my goodies, when I fall off my perch.
    Best wishes,
    Glyn