Thread: Anvil, first impressions.

Anvil, first impressions.

At last the day has arrived when i picked up the new 6" Anvil/Uberti Remington. Wow, its so black and shiney it will be a shame
    to fire it and get it dirty. Love the loading lever locking arrangement, simple idea well made that works. You can't see where the
    barrel has been shortened the re finishing is that good. I tested the powder measure that came with it by throwing 20 loads and
    weighing them. Exactly 4grns each time, beautifully made and very easy to use. Roll on Sunday when i can get it down the range.
    Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by tim56 View Post
    At last the day has arrived when i picked up the new 6" Anvil/Uberti Remington. Wow, its so black and shiney it will be a shame
    to fire it and get it dirty. Love the loading lever locking arrangement, simple idea well made that works. You can't see where the
    barrel has been shortened the re finishing is that good. I tested the powder measure that came with it by throwing 20 loads and
    weighing them. Exactly 4grns each time, beautifully made and very easy to use. Roll on Sunday when i can get it down the range.
    Tim.
    I'm looking after a 5 1/2" Anvil Rem that came up recently.
    Very Quick to load so take plenty pre lubed .454 or maybe .457.
    Found most screws where loose,either worked loose or not tight enough from previous service,only thing is the firing pin must line up with a primer hole to remve the cylinder.
    The work is very good quality,flask throws 4.3 grns of Herco as proofed.
    All good,I like the gas check insert on the cylinder too,the NMA should have had that originaly.
    Hope you enjoy it.

Finally got to shoot the Anvil this morning. Very impressed. Had wondered about ball seating depth but you can't go
    wrong. The chambers are bored in such a way as you can't physically load a ball too deep. The powder measure works
    a treat and loading a .457" ball is so easy even with the short loading lever. Opening the primer gate is something i found
    quite satisfying and its very slick and precise. Load up six shotgun primers and away you go. Recoil wise its on par with
    my 357 LBR using target loads and is pleasant to shoot although it did bang my middle finger knuckle with the trigger
    guard as per normal NMA. Slight change in hold and hey ho. After 36 shots there was no binding or gritty feel and the
    spent primers came out easily apart from one chamber which needed a bit more effort. Will give the primer hole a polish
    at some point but to be honest its far better than i expected and I'm nit picking.
    A couple of the guys had a go and they are now adding one to their Christmas wish lists so thumbs up all round. Accuracy
    is as good as a normal B/P NMA (in my hands.) Im not a brilliant pistol shot but i managed to keep most of em in the
    black.
    Anyone looking to get one, yeah, go for it. 10 out of 10. Tim