Thread: hi what would you choose sandw 586 or cp88 or 1911

hi what would you choose sandw 586 or cp88 or 1911

evening to all in the pistol section im looking into getting into speed shooting ipas or ips or just to plnk with
    so what would you choose from this list

sandw 586 in 6 inch barrel
    cp88 4 inch
    or a 1911

thanks
    jim
    bsa t10 scorpion in 177 / bsa scorpion se multishot in 22 / fn12 full lefty single shot in 22 / fn12 bullpup 22 done by bm bullpups very rare gun to find / aatdr in 22 / webley alecto 20cal / hpa converted 850 airmagnum in 22

co2

Hi Jim
    ive had a go with one or two of these, I presume you mean the umarex ones?
    I tried the colt, later ones have a better if less realistic trigger, ive also tried to cp88 competition which I found accurate and then the beretta but best for me was the cp99 which I found sweetest of all to shoot and really accurate.
    So from your choices I would pick the cp88 but only if youve decided against a cp99.
    rgds
    eric

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    The S&W is a fantastic gun and would be my choice of your selection, I've just got a John Beattie IPAS approver holster for it and its great fun...
    I might try comps next

If you have large enough hands,go for the S&W for speed shooting. If not then there are lots of parts to upgrade a 1911, so that would be my 2nd choice.

If you know fellow shooters with these models,have a try to see which you prefer.

hi jim,
    the 586 or 686 are meant to be the most accuracy out the lot of the umarex pellet airguns, but have the lowest shots per co2 capsule.

Im not a lover of the cp99 at all, i found it to be the least accurate and i did not like the trigger.. (or looks)

The 1911 A1, is not too bad, they tend to have a very stiff grip safety which can put a few people off (i was one of them)

If it was me i would choose the beretta 92fs, stunning looking and accurate and high shots per co2 count, i have the older glossy version and love it..

Happy shooting
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..