Thread: Predom Lucznic 188 rifle - anyone taken one apart?

Predom Lucznic 188 rifle - anyone taken one apart?

I've recently acquired the above in reasonable nick, but with the barrel removed. I've reassembled my fair share of break barrel rifles but this has got me totally beaten.

There is the usual round hole at the front of the groove under the spring chamber, and it looks like a simple matter of engaging the round end of the linkage rod into this, then aligning the barrel and pushing the screw pin through - but it won't fit! The clearance between the turned-down section of the piston where the linkage looks like should fit, and the inner wall of the cylinder is about 1mm - but the inside part of the linkage that should bear directly on the piston (the round bit on the rear end) is about 2mm deep, so it can't be engaged in the groove.

The only thing I can think of is that there must be a longitudinal machined groove in the piston to allow enough depth for the linkage rod end to engage, but that this rotated out of sight for some reason when the barrel was removed. I don't want to disturb the innards if that's not necessary, but if anyone has experience with this unusual Polish gun I would be very grateful for their advice.

lucznik air rifle

heres a link to a Polish gun nut forum , maybe join it & ask them , looks like it was a quirky air rifle .good luck

http://bron.iweb.pl/viewtopic.php?p=621068

Quote Originally Posted by scrapman View Post
    I've recently acquired the above in reasonable nick, but with the barrel removed. I've reassembled my fair share of break barrel rifles but this has got me totally beaten.

There is the usual round hole at the front of the groove under the spring chamber, and it looks like a simple matter of engaging the round end of the linkage rod into this, then aligning the barrel and pushing the screw pin through - but it won't fit! The clearance between the turned-down section of the piston where the linkage looks like should fit, and the inner wall of the cylinder is about 1mm - but the inside part of the linkage that should bear directly on the piston (the round bit on the rear end) is about 2mm deep, so it can't be engaged in the groove.

The only thing I can think of is that there must be a longitudinal machined groove in the piston to allow enough depth for the linkage rod end to engage, but that this rotated out of sight for some reason when the barrel was removed. I don't want to disturb the innards if that's not necessary, but if anyone has experience with this unusual Polish gun I would be very grateful for their advice.

Quote Originally Posted by customstocker View Post
    heres a link to a Polish gun nut forum , maybe join it & ask them , looks like it was a quirky air rifle .good luck

http://bron.iweb.pl/viewtopic.php?p=621068
    Thanks very much for that link. On one thread (https://translate.googleusercontent....rtq9qKp8gZfxGA) there are a series of pics of a disassembled rifle, one of which clearly shows the piston with a machined groove in it, as suspected.

Looks like I'll be taking the gun apart after all, and those pictures will be v. helpful.

Cool lucznik

good luck with it , Im in Poland part of the year & see alot of the lucznik air guns for sale , lucznik actually means "archer" the company also made sewing machines on cast iron frames . a contemporary of Singer . glad the link was helpful . cheers .

Quote Originally Posted by scrapman View Post
    Thanks very much for that link. On one thread (https://translate.googleusercontent....rtq9qKp8gZfxGA) there are a series of pics of a disassembled rifle, one of which clearly shows the piston with a machined groove in it, as suspected.

Looks like I'll be taking the gun apart after all, and those pictures will be v. helpful.