Thread: Hello and Views on Nikko Nighteater Range

Proff Guest

Hello and Views on Nikko Nighteater Range

Hello everyone,

Firstly a quick introduction, I'm just returning to air gunning and have recently bought a Harrier X Walnut T/hole stock which I bought on this forum from "thewhouk".

I have been looking about for a suitable scope and have had various ones recommended. I intend to use the rifle for some hunting and target shooting at my local range (20 yards indoor).

One of the recommendations was that of a Nikko Stirling Platinum Nighteater. From what I have read on the bulletin boards there are many varied views on the subject of which scope and why.

Could I please have you views as to the Nikko or suitable alternatives.

Thanks

h
    ave a look throe as many as you can wot suets one & not another & all that welcome to the clan.

Proff Guest
    Thanks for replying, seems to be the same advice as i'm getting from others, along with you only get what you pay for!

I recently bought one but have been shocked at how badly it copes with any direct light onto the lens. Its called a night eater so I can only asssume that its ment for low light use hence a slanted front - no shade etc.

For general use I'd look elsewhere but its a good scope otherwise.

SteveH

Proff Guest
    Still looking, what about a Bushnell Legend 5-15x40 or a Bushnell 3200 10x40, same price imported from US of A.

Young_Gun Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Proff
    Still looking, what about a Bushnell Legend 5-15x40 or a Bushnell 3200 10x40, same price imported from US of A.
    Get that and you won't have any worries at all.
    Sold a Nikko Sniper to get one of those.
    Amazing optics.

Proff Guest
    Well I suppose that settles it, I will just have to order to Bushnell 3200 10x40 this evening, thaks to all for your replies.

mark

Bolton Lancs, the shooting sports capital of the c
    Hi Prof

I started a thread off last week regarding the nighteater. I had bought one and before i had a chance to test it out i asked peoples views, these where mixed and varied. When i tried the scope out (6-24x56) i found the optics went quite milky the higher the mag went, anyhow, the scope went back to the shop and i swapped for an AGS SWAT which iam now completely over the moon with, crystal clear optics and great build. Maybe this could be an option for you?

ATB

Mick
    Daystate MK4S / Falcon Optics 4.5-18x56 IR Menace Reticle ML-16 Skeleton

Proff Guest
    Well everyone too late to change my mind now I have ordered the Busnell 3200 10x40, but thanks for all your advice.

keep safe

Mark.

Young_Gun Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Proff
    Well everyone too late to change my mind now I have ordered the Busnell 3200 10x40, but thanks for all your advice.

keep safe

Mark.
    Trust me and many other people who have a 3200 and swear by it.
    You won't be dissapointed