Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MTC Viper connect.

Had 2 viper connects and a mamba now have 3 connects and no mamba says it all i suppose.

Cheers

I have two MTC Connects, one on my FAC Rapid and the other on my .17 hmr and I love them. Brilliant scopes for the money. Highly recommend.

So the zero eye relief wouldn't be an issue on a springer then?

Definitely a no no. This would result in a cut eye socket/ brow. The MTC website warns against using on any recoiling rifle.

Springer is a no no !

I had a look through one over a HFT club, in a wood on an overcast day made it seems so bright compare to my bushnell trophy. Would imagine would be a great tool in a remmy

Ok,

I have been using the Nite Site Viper on my MTC for the last 7 month with no issues or dramas.
    All i did was cut the tube down to the correct eye relief and before fitting the the scope ensure the eye peice on the scope is fully wound inwards.
    I also put a very light smearing of grease on the inside of the tube to aid the fitting and stop any damage from occuring when removing.

I also have the connect on my HW95, again, no issues or dramas with making contact with my eye when firing.
    All i do is ensure i have built up my shooting position correctly I.e. ensure the 95 is in the shoulder.
    HW100KT Adj Lam .177 - MTC Viper Connect 3-12x32
    HW98 .177 (SFS Tuned) - Hawke Panorama 4-12x40

Got a MTC Connect and what a brilliant scope indeed!
    Glass is excellent value for money imo and I will always recommend this fantastic little scope!
    Just can't wait to put it on my forth coming Daystate.
    Daystate Renegade .177,Daystate Forester LE .22,Daystate Huntsman Classic .177,Daystate Huntsman Regal .177,Daystate Bullpup 2000 .177,Weihrauch HW45 Custom .22,Weihrauch Silverstar .22,Weihrauch HW77K SE .22,Weihrauch HW35E .22.

I have used one for the last 4 months, absolutely love it. Mmm...guess it is a bit marmite, but if you can get on with it...cor, what a little gem. Have AMD ret in mine-no complaints. I think I may over time buy another or maybe two. Completely solve/fix any scope purchases for evermore as far as I'm concerned. The best bit by far (for me) is the fact that I have to be exactly in the same position everytime to see clearly, there is no compromise. Not a bad thing methinks.

Kat

I've got one. Only recently aquired. From the limited use l've given it, my opinion is, they are a really good scope ...

Why is it still not safe to use on a springer when using the rubber extender just asking not saying it would or would not be

East Midlands, 6 chains from the graveyard.
    The rubber extender does not increase eye clearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    The rubber extender does not increase eye clearance.
    Spoilsport !

I have one of these as well (3-12x34 with SCB reticle) - I love it although the field of view is so huge that it feels like you are shooting on half the magnification that you actually are. I have noticed that when you are at the lowest level of magnification there is a degree of 'fish-eye' distortion. You only notice this if you as panning around but it is definitely there. Doesn't remotely affect accuracy though...

Have my Connect on my MPR, and after using my other guns with 'normal' scopes, it really is a pleasure.
    You easily get used to the eye relief, and its so bright, not necessarily better glass, but so much more in the view.

Steve