Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MTC Viper connect.

MTC Viper connect.

Hi guys,

What is this scope like for the use on a sub 12 air rifle for short range vermin and for using night vision like the Note site etc on. I have seen one in the flesh and it looked and felt good, however i haven't tried it in the field for real life use.

Can anyone comment on the above scope please?

Many thanks in advance.

Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by 247sniper View Post
    Hi guys,

What is this scope like for the use on a sub 12 air rifle for short range vermin and for using night vision like the Note site etc on. I have seen one in the flesh and it looked and felt good, however i haven't tried it in the field for real life use.

Can anyone comment on the above scope please?

Many thanks in advance.

Steve.

Nite Site = no no

Quote Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
    Nite Site = no no
    Why's that mate?

It damages the scope look on the mtc website

It does not appear to damage the scope itself but may damage the twisting eye relief cup. As long as you turn the eye relief cup in so that it won't be holding the weight of the camera on it etc on it it should be fine???

It does not appear to damage the scope itself but may damage the twisting eye relief cup. As long as you turn the eye relief cup in so that it won't be holding the weight of the camera on it etc on it it should be fine???
    oh well, guess you know best

Cool

I don't know what these scopes are like with Night vision but as a day scope they are superb. I have two and my only gripe is that they don't also make a higher magnification version........if they did I'd not buy anything else.

Bought one of these a few weeks ago and had a chance to use it in competition last weekend at the Rochford open.

First off either you like the 'connect' part of using the scope or you don't; you put your eye right upto the eyecup much like using a monocular so there is virtually zero eye relief.
    Personally I love it even with glasses as you get repeatability on head position which is important when you can't adjust parallax, but also with the connect is that wide, panoramic, sky to floor, wonderful view.

The view with the connect is like you've been looking through all your other scopes as if they're pinhole cameras, it's a relevation it really is that good and allows you to keep a good eye out on what the surrounding wind is up to.

The reticle, mine has the SCB2 and it's pretty much perfect for me. I like fine reticles and the SCB is pretty fine but still more than visible even against dark targets in shade. Intersections are intelligent, I just wish I'd had time to range/shoot my 15-25yd mini kills before the comp as I was way off from what chairgun was telling me.

The mounting is interesting as the double saddle means you either double mount the front tube or buy the dedicated reach back mount. Go for the reach back mount as it's worth it.

The only negative I would say is that the clarity at the edge of the view is not as sharp as the centre view, but then this is probably due to how the optical system is set up in order to give you that wonderful view.

For £250 it's extremely good value but I would say go look through one before you buy as it is a marmite scope.

The owner of mtc is telling u its a no no but yet you still insist to no better takes gary c advise and dont use it as hes defo not going to be replacing yours when it breaks is he !!!

Quote Originally Posted by dave goodall View Post
    The owner of mtc is telling u its a no no but yet you still insist to no better takes gary c advise and dont use it as hes defo not going to be replacing yours when it breaks is he !!!
    Hmmm to be exact, husband of ex Owner Dave

Hmmm to be exact, husband of ex Owner Dave

Didn't know you married someone called Dave.

That wasn't in the magazines.
    Dance like no one is watching.
    Sing like no one can hear.
    Scratch yourself like you think the zoom meeting has ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Two200's View Post
    Didn't know you married someone called Dave.

That wasn't in the magazines.
    One missing apostrophe and I'm cursed to bat for the other side 😄

One missing apostrophe and I'm cursed to bat for the other side 😄

Hey, i'm not judging.
    Dance like no one is watching.
    Sing like no one can hear.
    Scratch yourself like you think the zoom meeting has ended.

Ive got one, good scopes for short to medium range. Apart from what others have said regard nite vision, i would say a big no no, as with the short eye relief your head would be a long way back, so would be very uncomfortable!!!!

East Midlands, 6 chains from the graveyard.
    I've been using a NE500 on my Connect for 18 months now, no problems at all, BUT, I've chucked the rubber tube and use an ali tube.
    I don't use the rubber tube on any of the three scopes I use for NV as I think it's an awful bit of tat, fitted it once to back of my Taipan, thought I was going to snap the back off the scope when removing it.