Basically as per title.

On this Custom Shop scope on the sidewheel there is a distance ring that fits around the sidewheel main tube. This has 3 small grubs ( @2mm deep ) to hold it in place.

It also has a screw on end cap. The end cap basically covers the end of the sidewheel main tube and has a knurled circumference. The outside of the knurled circumference then gives the same O/D as the distance ring. The end cap has 1 small grub ( @ 2mm ) to hold it when screwed on.

These grubs are tiny ... about 2mm long ... maybe less and at most 1mm diameter. They just have a very fine slot end drive ... so not Allen key.

I have then been using a large alloy sidewheel that Chris C kindly sent to me, that fits snugly over that O/D.

The large sidewheel has 3 grubs ( several mm ) that hold it in place.

The grubs of the large sidewheel line up with the thin knurled area on the edge of the end cap.

The problem is the 77 keeps loosening up the 3 grubs on the distance ring and the 1 grub on the end cap, so the whole thing then becomes loose.

So I can see a couple of options.

I remove the distance ring and end cap altogether and have a spacer made up ( about 2mm thick ) that will fill the gap between the large sidewheel and the main sidewheel tube. It can just have 3 holes in it to line up with the grubs on the large wheel. The larger grubs of the large sidewheel can then be tightened directly on the main sidewheel tube. There is enough length and diameter on the 3 larger large sidewheel grubs for me to be confident to add some blue loctite. There should be enough strength in those grubs for me to be able to snap the loctite free with an Allen key.

My only concern with that option is that if it rains then the rain could get into the open end of the main sidewheel tube by working it's way between the large sidewheel and main tube. The grubs will also line up and tighten on the threaded end part of the main sidewheel tube. Those threads are very fine alloy and the grubs will probably destroy that thread, if I ever want to try and use the original screw on end cap again ( maybe on a PCP ).

The other option I had thought of is to just use loctite on the tiny 2mm x 3 grubs on the distance ring and also on the 2mm x 1 grub on the end cap and maybe on the fine thread that the end cap screws onto.

I'm worried that if I use any loctite ... even manual tool removal stuff ... it will lock it such that if I try and remove then there will not be enough strength in the tiny 2mm long grubs, and the very thin thread.

What do you think?