Thread: .22 fairly rare setra valuation please

.22 fairly rare setra valuation please

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of selling on a few rifles and this is one I wanted to keep hold off for the rarity of it, but it doesn't even get used so I'm thinking of selling it on if its worth doing.

It's .22, and has had the stock refinished to a very nice standard with a few small marks and the action is the brass or copper type? ( could be wrong there?) I will have more of a look tommorow as I'm out tonight, but will try and get some pictures on tommorow.

Holds air perfectly and blow off valve can be adjusted, shoots very well.

Only thing that lets it Down is the rear sight has been snapped off in the past but still has the sliding bottom part, so could possibly be made to work with a blade glued on top? The other thing is the plastic top finger part of the rear safety looks like it has been slightly melted or squashed but all is working perfectly as the top plastic finger grooves is ontop of the metal safety arm. To be honest its not that bad but I'm just being as Thura as I can. I will take photos so you can see this.

Any help valuing this will be appreciated, I have an idea of what I'd like but would like to know what any experts think? I know a few if you have these.

Thanks in advance
    Daniel
    Last edited by Dan944; 11-11-2014 at 04:51 PM.

This must be quite rare seeing how many views and not one answer?

Anyone know ?

As they do not come up for sale very often it is difficult to value accurately. Gedfin2 is the man who knows more about these than anyone, why not drop him a pm.
    Here's my valuation......
    They are not as highly regarded as say Sheridan or Sharps. No spares are available. So with that in mind I would say £120 - £140.

Pete.

setra

Check on Gun* in private sales,one for sale in 177,this may help,Stuart.

Quote Originally Posted by flatrajectory View Post
    As they do not come up for sale very often it is difficult to value accurately. Gedfin2 is the man who knows more about these than anyone, why not drop him a pm.
    They are not as highly regarded as say Sheridan or Sharps. No spares are available. So with that in mind I would say £120 - £140.

Pete.

I'd have said £200 Pete

Herpquest is the man to value it

All the best Mick

Hi guys, here's a few photos

The more I look at this gun the more I want to keep it, but that's not really the idea!
    It really is a beutifall rifle

Hope pictures help any valuations, sorry there not very clear as there from my rubbish phone camera, its a hell of a lot nicer in real life, and will be taking proper photos if I do decide to sell.

Thanks
    Daniel
    Last edited by Dan944; 12-11-2014 at 08:58 PM.

Up please now with photos!

Quote Originally Posted by flatrajectory View Post

Pete.
    l would have to agree with the above value as l bought one from the Melbourne fair last year for £130 hope this helps.

In the condition it's in - "poor to average" it's worth about 120-130 plus postage IMO.

HTH
    Matty
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.