Thread: Mark 1 airsporter advice please

Mark 1 airsporter advice please

What should I expect to pay for a nice original Mark 1 Airsporter ? I'm not talking about exceptional boxed etc (if they still exist) just a usable clean non rusty gun that I could maybe renovate.
    Remember, it is the strongest character that God gives the most challenges.

Hi,

I would suggest a ballpark figure of £150-£200 should secure a fully functional Mk1 Airsporter in reasonable cosmetic condition,

Regards

Brian

hi,a complete mk1 airsporter in a used condition but fully functional can be had for about £150ish,you often see them for less but usually have issues such as missing sights or with badly repaired stocks,its worth holding out for a complete example and as long as any repairs are well done its good value,protek in bognor regis has a few on their website to compare prices,hope this was helpfull,

Early Air-sporter values.

I wish you all the best, been looking for a decent Mk1/2 Sporter for a couple of years. Looked at several between £100-250. both in private & trade sales. A Mk 1 had no bluing, many parts missing, & he wanted £100+. A £225 supposedly totally restored Mk 2 to original had shiny silver chrome/nickel screws;
    Ended up saying Sod It & bought a very clean Mk4 for £120, including period tele sight & case.
    The build quality is not near my 1961 Mk3 Webley, but it is a great gun to use. Still on the lookout for a Mk 1 or 2 BSA, but don't really mind.

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

I would agree with the above prices. £150-£200.You might get one with some depth of blue and a bit of etching for 150.

Minters are £250-£300 and maybe a bit more for the right gun.

I recently dropped on an early mk1 with most of the etching visible, but I caught it at the right time in a small gun shop when it had just been taken in part exchange, with a couple of other old guns as trade ins. It had not been priced up and I begged it fr £120, which I thought was a good deal.
    BASC