Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How do you rate Gat-type pistols as collectables?

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    I've had a number of them, Diana Mod 2's, Gat Guns, an SP50. Each acquisition was driven by nostalgia and they've all been sold on. As examples of airgun technology I regard them as only suitable for collecting. Much as I've tried thogh, I just can't seem to develop a soft spot for them.
    Webley pistols are a different kettle of fish, but even with these, my interest waxes and wanes. My Webley pistol collection is now on it's third go round, but I always seem to have at least one on hand.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    My wife would agree with yours - and probably include my airguns too! That's why they're all locked away. It's not burglars I'm afraid of.
    I have a warm cosy glow inside knowing that I am not the only one in this position, but then I never really thought I was.
    My wife's concern is all the sorting out she will have to do when I pop off! Rather presumptious of her I think!

Does this mean I will have to consider hiring a food taster? Or.... maybe she'll want to keep me going to avoid the 'sort out'

Chris.

How do you rate Gat-type pistols as collectables?

To be honest - I dont. Yes, they have childhood memories like measles and cod liver oil . I rate them even worse than 'Wobblys'.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    How do you rate Gat-type pistols as collectables?

To be honest - I dont. Yes, they have childhood memories like measles and cod liver oil . I rate them even worse than 'Wobblys'.

ATB
    Ian
    Couldn't agree with you more on that point Ian ,I was going to say at least they're cheap to collect but after seeing some of the prices rare ones fetch....eek 300 quid for a gat!