Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brocock / TAC law...

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia

Brocock / TAC law...

As the owner of a Brocock TAC pistol (on my FAC), can I take it out of the country with me if I emigrate ? Anyone know ?

TIA,

JB
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Only if you personally notify the Daily Mail that another "Dangerous firearm" is being removed from our fear ridden city streets.

Richard
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

Neil Simmonds Guest
    Just like any other fire arm it can be taken out of the country however the air line will charge and the paperwork is monstrous. When a fire arm is transported it will be classed as a 1.3 explosive and they will fleece you for it also not many air lines will carry what are now prohibited weapons. The best bet is to get in touch with the cops and ask to speak to your local fire arms liaison officer. Hope this helps mate.

I would have a word with some of the arms smugglers that bring in illegal arms into this country...They dont seem to have any problems with customs at all.

And as they will percieve this brocock as no more than a harmless pea-shooter - they will probably pay you to transport it out of the country too.

They dont seem to realise just how dangerous these weapons are (oooppsss - were). Shame nobody in the police force could actually tell me how many conversionbs they actually found..

No point asking Tony Blair for contacts though - as none of his geezers knows who's collars to feel.

Sorry - but I do feel better for that.

Graphite Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Simmonds
    When a fire arm is transported it will be classed as a 1.3 explosive...
    Are you sure it's the gun and not ammunition that gets tagged as explossive? Seems a bit random.

Did not the export and import of tac guns get banned which prevented Brocock selling them abroad.

So would they class you taking it out of the country even on your fac as exporting it.

Then if you did manage to export it they would not let you back with it if you let your fac lapse.

Then again move to a country that lets you fire real steel.

But why would you want to? If you want a pistol, youll have no problems getting one where you want to go!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr
    Shame nobody in the police force could actually tell me how many conversionbs they actually found..

I asked the police forensic firearms examiner for Greater Manchester this question, and he told me the figure was 'over 80, used in serious crime'.

He also told me that the commonest conversion was simply to drill out the barrel so that they could fire .38 cal, which rather beggars the question of where they were getting hold of illegal ammunition (and whether they might also equally easily obtain 'real' illegal hanguns from the same source)!

Jon

I tried to gift a couple to a friend in the US and was told I couldnt export them

I think your stuffed mate, on the upside in Canada as I'm sure you know rifles are effectively uncontrolled, pistols and semi auto's are in a similar boat to our shotguns and full auto and really cool stuff is only as much hassle as our FAC.

I might just run into you out there in a couple of years

Richard
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Shame nobody in the police force could actually tell me how many conversionbs they actually found..
    A good dozen were recovered here, worked jolly well too

Richard
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Bomag
    But why would you want to? If you want a pistol, youll have no problems getting one where you want to go!!
    Nick makes a good point Jon. Just sell it here and save yourself the grief and expense!
    You know it makes sense.

Unfortunately selling is not an oprion. The wonderful new rules on Brocock means when you don't want them anymore they must be handed in/destroyed.

urx is offline 2,602.00 GBP −10.00 (0.38%) at the close
    failing all else you can write to the home secretary direct as he can give permission/bypass the brocock ban nonsense.
    Worth a try
    Gun control means using both hands.

The question is where do you intend to go? as it is really the law of the importing company which is of issue.

You are hardly going to have Interpol track you down to a ranch in Argentina, for having a Brocock.

And do you have a shipload of furniture; or is it you, on a plane, with a rucksack?

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Thanks for you thoughts so far guys.

This may sound petty, but it's really a matter of principle. I own it, and want to keep it - it's mine, so why shouldn't I ?

Rich, you are of course quite right on the Canadian firearms laws - you applied yet ?

Doug I like you idea - be interesting just to see the response. BTW I def have the stealth adapter, gonna try to find the brrel now

Cheers,
    JB
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.