Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spies in the camp

Opposite the cow-field, just outside Dover, Kent

Spies in the camp

Just wanted to add to the now very lengthy and unweildy debate about infiltration.
    To covertly engage members of BBS in correspondence would require the authorities to jump through many hoops and demonstrate that it was justified and proportionate to do so. I don't think they would have the ability or inclination to do so. To passively monitor the BBS would be a different matter entirely. As somebody else (Louis?) pointed out there is a bigger threat from the media who are not constrained by such niceties as the HRA. Obviously all posts that could be construed as irresponsible (even if in jest) should be avoided at all costs. Long live moderators, hurrah !
    Good deals with Mark3HuntsmanSam, Cannon Fodder, Guy, Jon, Peddy, Negotiator, Devon Shooter, Ninapuppy, Custard 1, Bob Brown, TopDog, Dave The Frame, / Sam99, Ballie, Nautilus21, edbear2, eredel, among others

We are all responsible people albeit with the occasional lapse, that's what makes us human.
    As a group we reflect that when asked questions about airguns etc.
    I feel we do this rather well. Sensitive information can always be passed by mail or PM if the person asking the question is trusted.
    The moderators do a great job (Unpaid) of controlling the tone of the board, and intervening in disputes. (Which are often resolved amicably once the protagonists have cooled off)

Some of us may have met in real life, but a viewer would only know us by what we post.

There are enough people attacking us without us helping them!

Richard
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

Professor Guest
    What do we have to hide? Nothing, as far as I can see.

What would be the point in spying on grown up airgun people? Might as well spy on golf club members.

Delta1 has said it all, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor

What would be the point in spying on grown up airgun people? Might as well spy on golf club members.
    Dangerous things in the wrong hands those golf clubs! Just imagine getting full whizzed at the back of the napper with a titanium no1 iron.

load of political correctness bulls**t if you ask me .

if people are gonna read into everything thats posted here with that kind of scrutiny your gonna lose the fun and comunity feeling we are all here for in the first place......therefore not worth even loggin in if it goes that way.

take all this pc stuff somewhere else.....this is a shooting forum...

Going with the maxim of "never let the truth get in the way of a good story" there seems little point in going too P.C. as the media bends things so far that a contortionist would be proud.
    Steve Topp Brain-finger, Brain-finger, Finger- brain DOOH
    REDFEARNS FTC
    Air Arms Owners Club

Professor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bowl bugle
    Dangerous things in the wrong hands those golf clubs! Just imagine getting full whizzed at the back of the napper with a titanium no1 iron.
    Hey I worked with a woman whose son was beaten into a state of premature senility by a band of yobs who set about him with golf clubs. Apparently, they were wearing suits and ties, believe it or not. He was thirty and can nolonger talk.

Professor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma

if people are gonna read into everything thats posted here with that kind of scrutiny your gonna lose the fun and comunity feeling we are all here for in the first place......therefore not worth even loggin in if it goes that way.

Take a look here for unreconstructed country sports attitude:

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/

Nothing PC there - quite the opposite.

Why would the authorities or anyone else need to look here for juicy snippets? there's that other BBS for that! It's like a pride of Lions chasing a healthy Gazelle when there's a lame one limping 5 yards from them...

Dazz

SuperMark Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma

Riight!
    As for criticising airgun or any other law, that is the RIGHT in a democracy, as long as one doesn't actively incite people to break it.
    Actually, not discussing it would be the lack of civil courage that makes people ripe for domination.

Quote Originally Posted by dazzpol
    Why would the authorities or anyone else need to look here for juicy snippets? there's that other BBS for that! It's like a pride of Lions chasing a healthy Gazelle when there's a lame one limping 5 yards from them...

Dazz

Sadly Daz it's been done, about 6 months ago this BBS was mis quoted over a simple query about killing large numbers of rabbits, it came amongst the 'Illegal lampers - new thugs of the countryside' stories that were in vogue at the time. Strangely though the papers in question dropped the word 'illegal' and made anyone with a torch in their garden number one on the terrorist list.

Nutty_Squirrel Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor

You're probably true there, I know one person who likes nothing more than wacking golf balls at pheasants.

Professor Guest
    [QUOTE=Nutty_Squirrel]You're probably true there, I know one person who likes nothing more than wacking golf balls at pheasants.[/QUOTE

What sized groups does he get?

Do you need a FAC?

Nutty_Squirrel Guest
    Not FAC, His clubs are under SGC (superior golf clubs). He's pretty good at golf, not quite 1/2 inch at 100 yards but pretty good.

Professor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutty_Squirrel
    Not FAC, His clubs are under SGC (superior golf clubs). He's pretty good at golf, not quite 1/2 inch at 100 yards but pretty good.
    That should ensure clean kills on the bunnies - badly bruised meat if he misses the headshot though...

There's a lot to be said for 1.35 caliber.