Thread: CO2 multishot for speed plate shooting recommendations?

CO2 multishot for speed plate shooting recommendations?

Hi all,
    Beginner who has just joined a club, And had a go at metal plate speed shooting and loved it! Borrowed the club gun which was a Walther PPQ and got on quite well with it. Any views on this gun or any recommendations for other pistols around £100-120 mark?
    Thanks

Baikal MP651K with 8 shot pellet or 23 shot lead bb beats most other pistols hands down for speed on iron plate shooting. Tried it against all the Umarex offerings and they cannot match it. £124.95 to buy new.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Always found that an interesting pistol, but tend not to be mentioned much. How do you find the build quality compared to the usual Umarex pistols?

Jassi, typical Russian pistol, well thought out and simple. Especially good rifled barrel and quite accurate compared to similar CO2 repeating pistols. Uses alloy for the main frame just as other manufacturers do. Can be modified by fitting a larger vapourisation chamber and using 8 grm capsules in the grip frame. I like the linear 23 shot magazine along the top of the barrel which feeds into the special 8 shot mag that takes lead bb. A seperate dedicated magazine is used for lead pellets.Single and double action trigger. Think they may be out of production now as I see in the USA they are selling a different pistol with almost the same designation.

Baz

It is quite annoying to be beaten by Baz with this pistol.
    Its not even a replica of anything!

hi mate, if it was me i would save up a little extra and get something like a umarex beretta 92 fs, great build quality, good accuracy and lovely looking.

ATB Marc..
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

Frustrated shooters in UK who cannot own real pistols tend to buy CO2 guns that copy real steel. Dedicated CO2 and air pistols tend to perform much better than these type of guns. For instance the Beretta is a huge chunk of metal, mostly for decoration and the the Baikal beats it hands down for speed when plate shooting. I did not like the real Beretta when we had them for the same reason, it was like carrying around a ship's anchor.

Baz