Thread: ASI Paratrooper

ASI Paratrooper

Looking at buying an ASI Paratrooper, single shot .22 for nostalgia.

Not seen it yet but said to be all there, working and good used condition, no broken bits etc - tell me fellow collectors of the rifle ilk, what would be a rough and ready guide of what I should pay please?????????

lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .

asi at boot sales

Quote Originally Posted by lodmoor View Post
    Looking at buying an ASI Paratrooper, single shot .22 for nostalgia.

Not seen it yet but said to be all there, working and good used condition, no broken bits etc - tell me fellow collectors of the rifle ilk, what would be a rough and ready guide of what I should pay please?????????

iv seen them for silly prices but iv bought a lot of them from flee fairs, boot sales for £25-£65. i paid £120 for a boxed reapeter model

Agree with the previous post, there good fun rifles but there not powerful and there not that rare either. One was offerd to me 2 years back, multi shot,( missing magazine tube) and the shop wanted £ 300 after I had stopped laughing at him I explainede, there not rare, this one was missing the mag tube, and the cast frame was cracked, to me for spares worth £30 max. Dont pay silly money. £130 for a good working one in my humble opinion.

asi paratrooper

Hi i have three of the 22 variety, collected because my brother and i had them when we were younger,last one i got was £45 but the last chap had found it in his attic a bit the worse for wear and had rubbed it down to bare metal and covered it in camo tape,had to paint the crinkle finish matt black and am going to cold blue when i get the time. prices about £40 - £80 i would say depending on condition , things to wath for are cracks in the alloy at the rear of the cylinder and plastics broken or cracked, Good Luck

.22 paratroper

I had a ,22 single shot, held together with a jubilee clip , it was my second gun & tuned up nicely but had a terrible trigger fault, the sear used to flip upside down every 5-10 shots needing to unwind the jubilee clip to remove the stock to fix. Shame as it shot really well at about 10ft'lbs, so cock any you want to buy a good few times to make sure the triggers right.