Thread: Walther LGR - RT

Walther LGR - RT

Don't get excited, not one for sale I have seen one with what appears to be an Anschutz rear diopter and a standard front sight ? So my question is was the RT just the stock on the the LGR - RT

Other than the stock the most significant, and diagnostic, difference is the RT's single stage trigger.
    Latter versions also sported a cocking lever with a cranked knob (). Presumably this was to make access to the handle more assured in a discipline shot against the clock.
    The muzzle weight also lacked the cutout for the front sight, hence the small weight difference compared to the regular versions (10 and 30g respectively).

Lots of good info on the Vintage Airgun Gallery, model specific section and the LGR Manual.

Interesting - The rifle in question has a 1st variant stock,but has standard LGR sight set up, although the rear diopter is an all steel affair with twin locking screws.
    I will see if I can get some pictures

Mark,
    The all steel rear sight is known as the UIT Diopter and was a Walther option often found on their high end .22 powder burners like the KKM and KKJ.
    Over the years I had many show up from Germany mounted on LG55's and LGV springers as they were a nice improvement over the standard diopter.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by TStray View Post
    Mark,
    The all steel rear sight is known as the UIT Diopter and was a Walther option often found on their high end .22 powder burners like the KKM and KKJ.
    Over the years I had many show up from Germany mounted on LG55's and LGV springers as they were a nice improvement over the standard diopter.

Tom
    Like this one, Tom?

Pic 1
    Pic 2
    Pic 3
    Pic 4
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Here it is:

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Like this one, Tom?

Pic 1
    Pic 2
    Pic 3
    Pic 4

That is the one my friend.....

Tom