Thread: Walther R8 bipod and sling

Walther R8 bipod and sling

Hi all, if you've seen my post in the introductions thread I'm a newbie at all this. Have been searching for a bipod and sling for a Walther R8 without having to alter the rifle for either.

For the bipod I was curious if the Dr. Bobs Buddy Bottle BiPod mount would work, and if so - what size? Sling-wise, there's nowhere to attach and was curious as if there's an option I could go for that wouldn't involve any drilling?

Any help much appreciated
    Andy

I've recently fitted a 50mm Dr Bobs clamp to my R8 .. not fitted the bipod yet "possibly Tuesday" ... lm stuck getting the screw thread for the stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggyreels View Post
    I've recently fitted a 50mm Dr Bobs clamp to my R8 .. not fitted the bipod yet "possibly Tuesday" ... lm stuck getting the screw thread for the stock.
    Do you have any photos?

I could easily get a photo but lm not sure about posting onto the forum, well at least how to do it!

The Dr Bobs clamp is easily fitted, but it has to be positioned quite forward onto the bottle. Ideally l'd preferred to have fitted it further back towards the stock "whick l initially did" .. l found any twisting of the bipod legs, especially if shooting off a wall say, brought the bipod into contact with the stock.. so lve had to move it forward. I am going to pack out the rear of the bipod mount with rubber spacers. This should stabilise the whole fitting to be more ridgid.

lve a Hawke AO scope, mounted above, a T20 lR torch, this is powered of the rear battery night vision control box/camera ... all thats left is to get hold of a stock screw for the sling and then l've the finished article.

Was out tonight shooting. The one bunny l shot at l missed. Though had a great time .. was out with a couple of very experienced shooters. Ive dabbled with a few different pellets. In honesty, l wouldn't say it was an overly pellets fussy rifle ... the best results regards accuracy so far have been achieved using Bisley long range gold and JSB Diablo's ... Super Field, AA hunter and Welbey Acuppel are all acceptable .. but Bisley & JSB out shine the others. I might try a couple of others purely out of curiosity. When on the farm my range is quite short shooting the rats, so my intents is the use super field (they look like a semi hollow type pellet) long range accuracy isnt going to be an issue ... what l can say is l haven't had a single problem with my Walther RM8. Bottle pressure is bang on, bolt is precise and smooth. Just wish l could get hold of a spare magazine, as what came with the gun from new .. l didnt really want one that fits of another Walther model, l want the all alluminium version that came with it .. Umarex needs to be chasing these issue up and pronto .. but rifle wise, lm made up. Will try and suss out getting a photo up on the site .. just dont hold your breath ... atb