Thread: Perhaps the most important air rifle in history

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thisisdonald View Post
    hmmm... its a nice gun, not sure about this guys theory though.. peace through perceived superior firepower? Ive read quite a few books about the 'native americans' and im more inclined to believe that they befriended lewis and clark, probably through exchange of gifts, and allowed them to pass through unharmed. maybe I should read lewis and clark before stating this! lol
    Yes maybe, but imagine the shock of waitng for the muskets of the day to fire, now a good marksman could get say reload in say 5-10 mins. So you charge and are meet with 20-30 shots with no smoke and no noise but deadley killing accurecey hell of a shock and a great barganing counter. Then allso had the the help of the native american Secatchawaya to guide them and talk to the various tribes they encounterd, that has been played down by many non native american writers maybe due to racial prejudice agianst americas original inhabitants or sexism has from descriptions of the Lady She was a beutiful woman by any standards. Maybe some of our american members could elaborate on this fogotten person who saved and guided Lewis and Clarke in this epic adventure.

Ill need to get the book.. i tend to wait until i see books at charity shops or boot sales. Definitely worth a read methinks.
    Donald