Thread: .22 Hornet heads

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

.22 Hornet heads

Could anyone tell me where I can purchase non expanding 35g bullet heads for the .22 Hornet by post. I have tried a couple of suppliers and no luck. I want to try reloading but my licence is with the boys in blue and my rfd wants to put them on my ticket ?.
    The more I practice the luckier I get

Quote Originally Posted by roughcoat View Post
    Could anyone tell me where I can purchase non expanding 35g bullet heads for the .22 Hornet by post. I have tried a couple of suppliers and no luck. I want to try reloading but my licence is with the boys in blue and my rfd wants to put them on my ticket ?.
    Only target bullets (missiles) can be purchased on-line without production of your FAC, even face to face, the seller should check you have authority & enter the transfer on your ticket. There may be those that don't, as there may be the odd one that may pop them in the post?? Not a recommended course of action wanting to retain their certificates, so you will have to wait until your FAC's returned.

hornet

Thanks for that there's a few who will post, but the ones that do that I've tried don't support the Hornet. I have already ordered vmax 35g with the rfd, but no licence so can't pick them up.

You're lucky they are even there to pick up, mine have been on order for weeks !

Quote Originally Posted by Eligus View Post
    You're lucky they are even there to pick up, mine have been on order for weeks !
    I had a back order of 1000 .204 32grain Noslers on order September last year, the RFD phoned a couple of months back to offer a refund as there were no signs of them coming anytime soon

Hornet

Quote Originally Posted by Eligus View Post
    I have noticed on the other threads about a shortage. I hope he doesn't sell mine to somebody else while I'm waiting.

I think you'll struggle to find a .224 target bullet much under 50 grains I'm afraid, my layman manual gives data for bullets up to. 55 gr though for the hornet so if you just wanted to give loading a go you could go for something heavier than the 35 maybe 52gr Amax........ If you an find them!
    Thanks for looking

Quote Originally Posted by roughcoat View Post
    I have noticed on the other threads about a shortage. I hope he doesn't sell mine to somebody else while I'm waiting.
    Well if you pay for them then they're yours, even if he still holds them

Ref your OP do they even make non expanding Hornet bullets ?? I've certainly never seen them listed