Thread: Cased Webley Mk2 Service

Cased Webley Mk2 Service

Hi,

Just watched this Webley Mk2 Service with two barrels and nicely housed in a canvas shotgun case sell for £700 plus commission.

http://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/au...architem=true#

Regards

Brian

Very nice example and not overpriced. Wish it were mine.

Pete.

The barrel that is laid on the hinge looks rusty to me, when you zoom in on it. Looks like it went at the lower end of the estimate, if that means anything?

Twixt Dartmoor and Exmoor, Devon (Tiverton way)
    That would go nicely in my collection!
    Beware the fury of a patient man... John Dryden (1631 - 1700).

My foxing website: www.foxonic.com

To much me thhinks

about £850 with the fee and not a webley case. I sold one in non webley case 177 and 22 barrels no rust or pitting but had been reblued was for sale for 6weeks i got £650 for it so i think the one that sold yeserday was to much as you can pay £800-£1000 for one with all 3 barrles

The spare barrel certainly looks an odd colour, and it's also not a good idea to secure barrels in slots by use of steel terry clips, as they scratch the surface every time the barrel is moved.
    The case is an original 'Brady' which is similar to the one originally produced by them for Webley, and, without seeing the outfit in person and just going by the photograph, I would have thought the price including commission was about right.

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    The spare barrel certainly looks an odd colour, and it's also not a good idea to secure barrels in slots by use of steel terry clips, as they scratch the surface every time the barrel is moved.
    The case is an original 'Brady' which is similar to the one originally produced by them for Webley, and, without seeing the outfit in person and just going by the photograph, I would have thought the price including commission was about right.
    Agreed.I use Terry clips to secure my rifles in the racks but take the precaution of lining them with green baize( snooker table material ) first.
    Imelda