Thread: Vintage 10m rifle league?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Vintage 10m rifle league?

Hello,
    With the Muscle Power and Carbon league talk it does feel a bit like the old 10m rifles are a little left out.
    I don't want to volunteer to arrange such a competition but it does seem necessary to have stiff outfits and pneumatic rifles to be competitive nowadays.. It puts me off in my clothes which could be worn to a nice pub, sporting an old recoilless springer

Just wondered if anyone else had considered it?

Jonathan

Were running a rifle comp for the old rifles along with the pistols as we think like you too. Some good scores too along with a good range of the "older" rifles all shot without leathers etc.

George
    scorer MPL

Quote Originally Posted by J Grainger View Post
    Hello,
    With the Muscle Power and Carbon league talk it does feel a bit like the old 10m rifles are a little left out.
    I don't want to volunteer to arrange such a competition but it does seem necessary to have stiff outfits and pneumatic rifles to be competitive nowadays.. It puts me off in my clothes which could be worn to a nice pub, sporting an old recoilless springer

Just wondered if anyone else had considered it?

Jonathan
    I cant see why this cannot happen. I just post the MPL and CCL pistol scores on here (with the odd sarcy comment. ) after I receive them.
    At present the competition is between two clubs but there is nothing stopping more clubs joining. The rules are simple - shoot 4 cards in the case of the MPL (6 for the CCL) anytime in the month. Get your cards signed BEFORE you shoot with another club member/witness and either e-mail or PM me the scores and they will go on here. Im sure a similar system could work for Classic Rifles. A lot relies on honesty - but isn't that the case with most postal compts? Its just for a bit of fun but I do take great pleasure in occasionally whipping 'Hippo' and his Wobbly in the MPL.
    All it needs is another mug, I mean keen member to be willing to collate the scores and post them on here. Its a shame that so many classic match rifles are just gathering dust.

One volunteer required!

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Thirdwheel, I'd be interested in hearing more..

On Edit, just found the bit about rifles, I'll PM zooma

Jonathan
    Last edited by J Grainger; 22-11-2014 at 06:27 PM.

Should have directed you to all our past posts on the subject but I'm brain dead through writing too much (my work) and not shooting enough. We only have December to run on the end of the year series, have a look at our scores posted on here, will bring it to the to so you can find it easy. I also email them out too once a month as it looks so much better in a proper table and there in more info too such as averages.

Best cheers
    George

Thankyou
    I'll have a look..

10m targets at 10m for rifle?

Jonathan
    Last edited by J Grainger; 22-11-2014 at 11:49 PM.

forgot to say both the mpl pistol and rifle are shot at the old British distance of 6yds, this was done to try and get more people shooting, as you can usually find space for a 6yd range at home - we shoot in the living room. The targets are smaller than 10m and it really focuses the brain, I've really trained on 10m over the last 9 months and my 6yd scores have slipped when shooting an old pistol. I shoot another 6yd postal comp (dorset league) with my pcp - pardini K12 and I'm doing ok.