Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vive la evolution!

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters

Vive la evolution!

I've had a few early Theoben rammers in the past that I've loved, and one more recent one (in .177) that I hated.

I have always confidently advised people to look for older models with the fixed scope mounts in the sure knowledge that they are superior in every way!

Today I received a 2010 Evo in .22 with a beautifully proportioned walnut stock and deep, unmarked action and barrel. After assembly I fired a few shots and, contrary to everything I thought I knew, the trigger is fantastic! Not too heavy, not too light, crisp and predictable! It has the 10 1/2" barrel (my Fenmans all had 7") and its a pleasure to cock, not hard at all. And the firing cycle is typically Theoben, fast and smooth with very little movement.

Its gonna be Sunday before I can test accuracy, but I've never had a bad one in that respect. I think I just got a bargain!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

but wait , its .22 .... thats for small moist people who have little willies isnt it ?
    TINKERING WITH PASTY POWER

Quote Originally Posted by slugger View Post
    but wait , its .177 .... thats for small moist people who have little willies isnt it ?

Dont fear, its a real mans calibre!

Large dongs and and dry, manly handshakes only.......

Oh, and do you have a ram pump?

no m8, i just use my stirrup pump

Quote Originally Posted by slugger View Post
    no m8, i just use my stirrup pump
    But do you have the adapter?

no i just use a straw and buetac to seal each end....... of course i have the adapter

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I've had a few early Theoben rammers in the past that I've loved, and one more recent one (in .177) that I hated.

I have always confidently advised people to look for older models with the fixed scope mounts in the sure knowledge that they are superior in every way!

Today I received a 2010 Evo in .22 with a beautifully proportioned walnut stock and deep, unmarked action and barrel. After assembly I fired a few shots and, contrary to everything I thought I knew, the trigger is fantastic! Not too heavy, not too light, crisp and predictable! It has the 10 1/2" barrel (my Fenmans all had 7") and its a pleasure to cock, not hard at all. And the firing cycle is typically Theoben, fast and smooth with very little movement.

Its gonna be Sunday before I can test accuracy, but I've never had a bad one in that respect. I think I just got a bargain!
    Ahh.., good you've seen the light tinney wish my trigger was that nice
    Give it a good clean & lube the inards (sparingly) Crack open a tin of falcons & set it to 606fps stick a diamondback 3-9x40bdc on top
    You won't be disappointed

I forgot to add, I wanna make a 12inch .20 barrel for mine
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

mine is 177 [of course] but with the longer barrel.... stupidly accurate and the least hold sensitive of all my springers, never tried the short barrel, but i hear it needs a fair bit more ram pressure to get the power hence making it a bit too snappy ?

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Ahh.., good you've seen the light tinney wish my trigger was that nice
    Give it a good clean & lube the inards (sparingly) Crack open a tin of falcons & set it to 606fps stick a diamondback 3-9x40bdc on top
    You won't be disappointed

I forgot to add, I wanna make a 12inch .20 barrel for mine

Rhys, you are my role model! Until a couple of days ago I even had the face-fur!

(Then I remembered how ridiculous it looked)

Omfg, a theoben love in

I've just sorted the trigger on my latest evo really sweet and set to 11.5 with aa 7.9.
    The pellets gone before the recoil has time to spoil the shot.
    The HE's are nowhere near as nice as the low pressure model a though
    Cheers Ray

Nice one, Nick.

The little Fenman that you brought to the first Bash was the very first gas ram that I'd ever shot and I was stunned at the beautifully quick, but sweet, firing cycle.

Then I tried Rhys's....ooo-er ; glad you've calmed it down now, matey!

On that same day, Severnsrider's was also sampled and was a delight.

This September, Ray kindly let me have a go with loads of his (maybe six?) which were, without exception, utterly lovely. There were slight differences between them, for sure, but they all shot beautifully.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Nice one, Nick.

The little Fenman that you brought to the first Bash was the very first gas ram that I'd ever shot and I was stunned at the beautifully quick, but sweet, firing cycle.

Then I tried Rhys's....ooo-er ; glad you've calmed it down now, matey!

On that same day, Severnsrider's was also sampled and was a delight.

This September, Ray kindly let me have a go with loads of his (maybe six?) which were, without exception, utterly lovely. There were slight differences between them, for sure, but they all shot beautifully.
    was it my hard cock tony??? lol
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Omfg, a theoben love in
    On My Faithfull Grave??

didnt know you liked the rammers that much!!

or
    oh my fantastic gun??
    over my fifth grolsch??
    oranges might finaly grow????

which is it ??

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    was it my hard cock tony??? lol
    Ooo-er, missus!

Hope you're okay, dude.

Did you say recently that you have another little one on the way? Hope all is okay in the Rhys household and all is going well.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!