Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webley Omega

Webley Omega

Hello, does anyone have front or rear sights for an Omega ?? Or for that matter, any Omega bits. Thanks again. Richard

Protek have a rearsight advertised here.

Under misc they also have a selection of front tunnel sights, might be something here which fits? Perhaps a member could confirm the height of the original unit or suggest other front tunnels which are compatible?

Sights

Thanks 18 wheeler, will have a look. Enjoying the forum. Here in England everyone is quite serious about airguns,in the states they are mostly considered toys.Thanks again,Regards Richard

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    If all else fails, in the past I have fettled an HW80/HW35 front sight to fit an Omega, so this could be done to get you through if push comes to shove, although an original is best if poss, as they sit a fraction higher, which makes a lot of difference for distance zeroing when open-sight ranging. Hope this helps and good luck with your quest. Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Omega

Thanks for the response,all failing will give that a try,They, the sights can be found at good cost- was hoping some kind soul would have a pair for sale at a reasonable price! Hey, you can always hope!!I have two Omegas and neither came with the open sights.One with glass optics and the other I just found had neither!! Just love the gun,bit heavy but good barrel length and well made. both of them about 30 years old. Bit of a shame Webley never did anything other than a Beech stock,at least not on an Omega anyway. Thanks again. And what is a chronograph?? lol

. Bit of a shame Webley never did anything other than a Beech stock,at least not on an Omega anyway. Thanks again.

Are you sure......?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a1m0wu49b9...ender.jpg?dl=0

Pete.

Omega

As far as I know, Beech was the only wood ever used on an Omega, the pic is an Omega from what I can make out,, The stock looks to be " aftermarket" = custom.. Very nice.Wonder where it came from?? Richard

Quote Originally Posted by zanoni View Post
    As far as I know, Beech was the only wood ever used on an Omega, the pic is an Omega from what I can make out,, The stock looks to be " aftermarket" = custom.. Very nice.Wonder where it came from?? Richard
    Richard, you are correct.......I was teasing you. This is my Venomega, that is Webley Omega that has been tuned by Venom and fitted in a custom walnut tyrolean stock. Sadly, I no longer own it, but I did shoot it last week.
    I sold it some years ago to my pal Eric, who still has it. He has ruined it though by fitting a gas ram ,( imho ).

The Omega is the best air rifle Webley ever made , according to me.
    Pete.

sights

Richard,
    I may have a rearsight, ......let me have a look around today but don't hold your breath.
    Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by flatrajectory View Post
    Richard,
    I may have a rearsight, ......let me have a look around today but don't hold your breath.
    Pete.
    Very sorry old bean, but the rearsight I have has a broken sight leaf so is of no use to you.
    Pete.

Rear sight

Richard,
    Pete.
    Oh please do have a look, I will refrain from breath holding as the results can be quite traumatic. Thank you very much. regards Richard

Venomega

Richard, you are correct.......I was teasing you. This is my Venomega, that is Webley Omega that has been tuned by Venom and fitted in a custom walnut tyrolean stock. Sadly, I no longer own it, but I did shoot it last week.
    I sold it some years ago to my pal Eric, who still has it. He has ruined it though by fitting a gas ram ,( imho ).

The Omega is the best air rifle Webley ever made , according to me.
    Pete.
    I don't think I could have brought myself to evict that one, The omega i just acquired had a badly treated stock,been 3 days now and the stock has been completely taken down to bare wood,polished polished rubbed and polished, steel wooled for hours hand rubbed and re polished. Now waxed and hand polished to a fine afternoon sunshine, fawn colour. it is gorgeous !! was going to stain it but the pale blond polished was worth all the effort. My neighbor is a game keeper, he wants me to do a couple of his rifles . I might be in business!! Love the stock on the Venomega. Beautiful!! Richard

omega rear sight

I'm pretty sure I've got one here if you're still looking for one.
    Will have to find it though. I'll let you know if it turns up.
    Rust never sleeps !

Sight

Quote Originally Posted by El Garro View Post
    I'm pretty sure I've got one here if you're still looking for one.
    Will have to find it though. I'll let you know if it turns up.
    Super, still need one. Hope hope hope, please, do let me know!! thanks Richard

I have front and rear Webley sights in new never fitted condition. Not certain but they may be Eclipse which used the Omega rear sight.
    Will try to post a photo tomorrow