My favourite classic Weaver, a 1.5x, has seen service on both my AGS and XS78. It's sleek design - low-profile adjustment turrets, lack of objective bell, 9.5" overall length - will never look dated and looks the business on any light or medium weight sporting air rifle of any vintage. Build quality is exemplary, the friction windage/elevation turrets with their brass collars are beautiful and practical and the polished deep blued finish simply oozes class

Despite the all-steel body, this little gem (Weaver low-profile mounts included) weighs no more than my new 1.5-5x32 Simmons - just 12ozs. By using those low-profiles, the rifle never feels top-heavy and there's a distinct advantage when fitting them on guns with low combs geared to open sights.

Optical quality is very good - Weaver were top of the heap when this scope was made, 40-odd years ago. This K1.5-1 is fitted with the Dual-X (duplex) reticle which, I believe, was introduced by Weaver. Now lens technology has come a long, long way in that time, so the K1.5-1 is going to show it's age when compared to a modern 1.5x20 of similar build quality. However, it is clear, sharp and reasonably bright - plenty of resolution for plinking and hunting at moderate ranges (which is how I've been using it for the past couple of years with much success).