Bizarre - this was my local pub for several weeks last month when I was staying at a friends place in the village.
I thought the article looked very familiar, relieved to find it's a rehash of the article from a few years ago not a repeat incident.

For info:
The pub got new management soon after that article.
The customers & new staff are all very friendly and welcoming (and always have been when I visited in the past) but it's easy to see why some locals would take offence at a "no Welsh" pub rule! Interesting that the locals consider it rude to speak in Welsh when non-welsh speakers are around so they switch to English. Very considerate!

The daft thing is, the pub is less than 50 yards from the library which holds "learn Welsh" evening classes every week.
Who decides to take over a pub in a foreign country without having some idea of the language the customers speak?

Just think - if the landlord had gone downstairs with a big stick to protect his family & property, this incident would never have got into the papers and would have been forgotten about years ago...

cheers,
Pete