Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: more idiots with air rifles

more idiots with air rifles

Yet another idiot

The pub owner pulled an air gun on his customers (model pic)The pub owner pulled an air gun on his customers (model pic)
    I remember saying: ‘What are you doing, why have you got a gun?
    Punter Alys Owen
    The drinkers left but began kicking the doors and banging on windows outside.

Gareth Sale, 26, went upstairs and returned with the weapon, scaring customers still inside, a court was told yesterday.

Problems began when landlady Sheridan Graham insisted people order in English because she could not understand Welsh.

The couple had moved to the Royal Oak in Penrhyndeudraeth, Gwynedd, last summer.

Punter Alys Owen told the jury via a video link from Glasgow:

“Someone tried to order a drink in Welsh and the landlady was telling them not to speak Welsh at the bar. She was quite aggressive and quite loud. Locals were getting quite angry and starting to shout.”

Alys claimed she “freaked out” after seeing Sale with an air rifle under his arm.

She said: “I remember saying: ‘What are you doing, why have you got a gun?’ He said: ‘I just want to scare them,’ talking about the people outside.”

Sion ap Mihangel, prosecuting, told Caernarfon Crown Court: “His case is, as they were new to the area and didn’t speak Welsh, they asked their customers to order drinks in English.

“Some of their drinkers became aggressive.”

Judge Peter Heywood said: “He accepts he went upstairs and got the air gun, somewhat foolishly, and no doubt affected by drink, because there was a baying mob kicking and banging at the door.”

Sale, from Gateshead, admitted possessing a firearm in a public place. He denied possessing a firearm with intent to cause fear of violence.
    Weihrauch HW77 MK1 .22 / Weihrauch HW80 MK1 .22 / BSA Airsporter MK1 .177/ Webely MK3 .22 / Diana Mod 27 .22 / SMK QB78DL .22 / Webley nemesis .177

Tho this is from the daily star.
    Weihrauch HW77 MK1 .22 / Weihrauch HW80 MK1 .22 / BSA Airsporter MK1 .177/ Webely MK3 .22 / Diana Mod 27 .22 / SMK QB78DL .22 / Webley nemesis .177

What a pair of *uckwits, buying a pub in a welsh speaking area & refusing to accommodate the language.

Well just buying a pub really.

Yeah some people never learn LOL

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    What a pair of *uckwits, buying a pub in a welsh speaking area & refusing to accommodate the language.
    Why should they accommodate the language. It's their pub so they make the rules. The locals have to abide by the landlords rules or go elsewhere.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
    Why should they accommodate the language. It's their pub so they make the rules. The locals have to abide by the landlords rules or go elsewhere.
    here here well said that man

I've just seen that but it did come up on a news page i was looking at but it didn't have a date on it LOL good old tinternet

Exactly so.

They could both have enrolled in a local language-learning group, or better still engaged one or two of the locals to help introduce them to the language. After all, Welsh IS the language of Wales, and was here long before those blonde geezers with axes and longboats got here.

And for those lucky people on the other side of Offa's Dike -

Gallent mae'r ddau wedi cofrestru yn y grŵp dysgu Cymraeg lleol, neu hyd yn oed yn well, gofynnodd un neu ddau o'r bobl leol i ddysgu yr iaith iddynt. Pan fydd yr holl cael ei ddweud ac yn ei wneud, Cymraeg yw iaith Cymru, a bu yma yn hir cyn goresgynwyr 'blonde' hynny - neu hyd yn oed y Rhufeiniaid - cyrraedd yma.

tac

on the link i found they showed a pic of the gun and it weren't any run of the mill thing looked like a very expensive target pistol.
    Last edited by speedthing; 22-11-2014 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
    For the same reason that we expect immigrants that come to England to learn to speak English, rather than say xxxx-you it's my shop order in Urdu/Farsi/Punjarbi/whatever or go elsewhere.

common courtesy to the indigenous population.

if i had a pub it would say on the door no welsh

For the same reason that we expect immigrants that come to England to learn to speak English, rather than say xxxx-you it's my shop order in Urdu/Farsi/Punjarbi/whatever or go elsewhere.

common courtesy to the indigenous population.
    So wrong. If you want to live in the UK speak English. If you want Wales to be a country on its own then I will help dig a ditch to keep you sheep molesters in.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ratshot5 View Post
    if i had a pub it would say on the door no welsh
    and it wouldnt take long for you to be done for racism
    a nice fat fine and you would very quockly loose your vintiners license, or you would if I had anything to do with ite