Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: more idiots with air rifles

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    England
    Scotland
    Wales

Three different countries, hint is in the names, or that they have their own national sports teams as well as combining in to team GB for some events.

Regardless, the fact remains that people in an area choosing to speak in that areas ancient language is NOT RACIST, because that is not what RACIST means !! it is simply not the correct WORD or TERM

As I said earlier it is discriminatory, might well be bigoted, is undoubtedly rude & probably ignorant but it can also simply be nationalistic pride, the desire to keep tradition alive &/or freedom of choice, but under legal definition it is not (yet) racist.
    England
    Scotland
    Wales
    You forgot N Ireland.
    They all fall under the UK and the accepted language is English. I will spell it out for you. If you speak deliberately in Welsh or any other language to exclude another party from understanding then it could be labelled as nationalism but in the more general terms it is racist if we are to accept that the above have separate nationalities.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
    If you speak deliberately in Welsh or any other language to exclude another party from understanding then it could be labelled as nationalism but in the more general terms it is racist ....
    It really isn't, Rob.

As I said, it's rude, but it isn't racist, mate.

Truly, it isn't.
    If you don't know enough to judge - don't judge

Some people are so desperate to see racism against white people you'd almost be forgiven for thinking they have an agenda...

Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
    It really isn't, Rob.

Truly, it isn't.
    is this arguement/ disscussion really worth the effort of 4 pages ,

Quote Originally Posted by 800jimbo View Post
    Some people are so desperate to see racism against white people you'd almost be forgiven for thinking they have an agenda...
    Yes, of course ...racism against white people just doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by fatttmannn View Post
    is this arguement/ disscussion really worth the effort of 4 pages ,
    It would appear that the members of the forum seem to think so
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

I forgot myself for a minute.. i always end up respond8ng in threads like these first thing when im still asleep or late at night after a few tins.. ill be keeping my nose firmly in airgun related threads from now on.. lifes too short fir this sort of banter
    Donald

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    Yes, of course ...racism against white people just doesn't exist.
    Bagsy it does - I've had some. It's part of the reason I hate it. It's also why I know what it is ... and what it isn't.

It really isn't, Rob.

Truly, it isn't.
    Bagsy it does - I've had some. It's part of the reason I hate it. It's also why I know what it is ... and what it isn't.
    What is racism Terry? Is it calling someone a derogatory term based on skin colour? Is it being deliberately abusive to a person based on differences of religious belief. In the second world war the Nazi's committed genocide based entirely on race. The vast majority of the victims were white. Racism should never be taken lightly or passed of as anything lesser. You have failed to take on board that racism is not decided by the racist but by the person receiving it. In the OP's original post it makes out that the landlord was racist. If this is read literally then the Welsh customers that made the allegation have made it clear that they are a separate race. Are you suggesting that they are not guilty of racism because it is white on white or that they are just ignorant for using the Welsh language. Either way the landlord has every right to claim racism against himself because of his exclusion from conversation in HIS own pub.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

What is racism Terry?
    Either way the landlord has every right to claim racism against himself because of his exclusion from conversation in HIS own pub.
    Racism is defined in my dictionary as: 'Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one’s own race is superior.'

The key word there is 'prejudice'. Pre-judice, or pre-judgement, based on someone's race rather than their worth as an individual.

The landlord was, perhaps, being disrespected, but as I keep saying, it wasn't racism. True racism is a hideous thing, but including examples such as the one cited actually plays into the hands of those who would prefer to sweep genuine racism under the carpet. We must never devalue the seriousness of racism by seeing it where it isn't happening.

does he serve welsh rarebit in his pub

Quote Originally Posted by ratshot5 View Post
    if i had a pub it would say on the door no welsh
    You wouldn't have to
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !

Racism is defined in my dictionary as: 'Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one’s own race is superior.'

The key word there is 'prejudice'. Pre-judice, or pre-judgement, based on someone's race rather than their worth as an individual.

The landlord was, perhaps, being disrespected, but as I keep saying, it wasn't racism. True racism is a hideous thing, but including examples such as the one cited actually plays into the hands of those who would prefer to sweep genuine racism under the carpet. We must never devalue the seriousness of racism by seeing it where it isn't happening.
    And my reply to that would be we must never sweep racism under the table because it does not appear serious. Would the definition fit a Welsh person, speaking Welsh to cause antagonism not fit then? Sorry Terry but you just shot your argument down.

Quote Originally Posted by boko View Post
    does he serve welsh rarebit in his pub
    Skewered lamb?
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

And my reply to that would be we must never sweep racism under the table because it does not appear serious. Would the definition fit a Welsh person, speaking Welsh to cause antagonism not fit then? Sorry Terry but you just shot your argument down.
    No, I really haven't, Rob, mainly because there's no argument, mate.

First, 'speaking Welsh to cause antagonism' isn't racism by any definition.
    Second, your reply doesn't apply because it isn't racism, and claiming it is trivialises an extremely serious issue.

Rob, you're just plain old wrong on this one. There's almost certainly disrespect and a lack of courtesy, but not racism.

No, I really haven't, Rob, mainly because there's no argument, mate.

First, 'speaking Welsh to cause antagonism' isn't racism by any definition.
    Second, your reply doesn't apply because it isn't racism, and claiming it is trivialises an extremely serious issue.

Rob, you're just plain old wrong on this one. There's almost certainly disrespect and a lack of courtesy, but not racism.
    Out of the 19% of the Welsh population that speak Welsh, a small minority take it to extremes to cause antagonism. The Germans killed millions of of Germans because of Religion and a firm belief of being superior. The main victims of this were German Jews who where senselessly killed because they where not considered to be German. Not wishing to trivialise that in any way but the Welsh minority share exactly the same belief. The English are inferior to them. Why do you not see the parallel? I do not trivialise it in any way or try to gloss over the truth. The minority class themselves as a separate race and this is not racism. Would it help if it was a black Englishman?