Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: more idiots with air rifles

Mr Edge, how dare you compare The Nazis to a few idiot Welsh Nationalists has stated in my earlier reply the first to be clensed by the new order were the disabled.My Sons Autistic, hes bloody hard work has a single parent following the death of his mum with cancer in 2000 when he was 20 months its been hard. So please base your arguments on fact , most Welsh like myself are tollerant, but you Sir are really getting on my nerves with your comparison of an ideology I despise on so many levels. Shame on you Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
    Oh please Rob, for pity's sake, man, what on earth are you talking about?

'Not wishing to trivialise that in any way but the Welsh minority share exactly the same belief. The English are inferior to them.'

How does my leaving off that second sentence change anything, apart from adding another assumption on your part?

You accused a group of Welsh people of having 'exactly the same belief' as a bunch of murdering Nazis. THAT was my point, and that's what you said. You don't know these Welsh people, and you certainly don't know them well enough to declare that they 'share exactly the same belief' as those Nazis, do you? So, you're basing that, extremely derogatory, statement on what - the fact that they're Welsh?

OK, you explain it then, because what you're writing is obviously not what you mean.
    When did I accuse them of being Nazis. I drew a parallel from the fact that the common ground was extreme views of prejudice with a superiority complex. Anything else is what the reader decides to interpret. Interestingly the history of the Nazis show us that most German citizens were unaware of what was happening. Extremism sits with racism. As for me not knowing what I am talking about, the landlord can determine what happens in his premises and the locals only recourse is to boycott it. It might not be sound business sense and his reported actions would portray him being thick but his actions could not be called racist. The sign gave the option and a choice can then be made. Simple fact is people soon jumped in accusing the landlord of racism but then defend the locals because it is part of their heritage. Its tit for tat but the theme of extremity holds. I remember sons of glyndwr but how many of you do?
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
    When did I accuse them of being Nazis. I drew a parallel from the fact that the common ground was extreme views of prejudice with a superiority complex. Anything else is what the reader decides to interpret. Interestingly the history of the Nazis show us that most German citizens were unaware of what was happening. Extremism sits with racism. As for me not knowing what I am talking about, the landlord can determine what happens in his premises and the locals only recourse is to boycott it. It might not be sound business sense and his reported actions would portray him being thick but his actions could not be called racist. The sign gave the option and a choice can then be made. Simple fact is people soon jumped in accusing the landlord of racism but then defend the locals because it is part of their heritage. Its tit for tat but the theme of extremity holds. I remember sons of glyndwr but how many of you do?
    You may well remember sons of glyndwr or "Meibion Glyndwr" but you obviously didn't understand what they were all about! It was never a Welsh - English issue but more the Have's against the Have not's buying holiday homes in Wales. Some of those buying the home were in fact affluent Welshmen!

Meibion Glyndwr were in fact ahead of their time as this issue has since been replicated in Cornwall, Devon, The Lake Districts and many other idyllic retreat areas across the UK. I didn't agree with how they went about burning these holiday homes but I did agree with the fundamental principles.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegogg View Post
    You may well remember sons of glyndwr or "Meibion Glyndwr" but you obviously didn't understand what they were all about! It was never a Welsh - English issue but more the Have's against the Have not's buying holiday homes in Wales. Some of those buying the home were in fact affluent Welshmen!

Meibion Glyndwr were in fact ahead of their time as this issue has since been replicated in Cornwall, Devon, The Lake Districts and many other idyllic retreat areas across the UK. I didn't agree with how they went about burning these holiday homes but I did agree with the fundamental principles.
    I understand more than you think. Making it difficult for local people to afford housing had a huge part in it but the extremist side is what worries me. I spent hundreds and hundreds of hours in Wales as an off road driving instructor some years ago and the attitude of some was pretty extreme indeed.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
    As for me not knowing what I am talking about, the landlord can determine what happens in his premises and the locals only recourse is to boycott it. It might not be sound business sense and his reported actions would portray him being thick but his actions could not be called racist.
    A licensee can within the grounds of statute determine what happens within their premises, indeed a Licensee can refuse entry or refuse to serve anyone "without reason", however as its legally enshrined that

"Official status has a legal effect, and means that the Welsh language should not be treated less favourably than the English language in Wales." *

Hence if there is a reason for a bar or a ban, and its based on the person using Welsh, then its against statute, and leaves him open to legal action. **

*Quote taken from the Welsh Language Commission website
    http://www.comisiynyddygymraeg.org/E...hlanguage.aspx

** Legal action doesn't of course include a mob of locals armed with pitchforks trying to chase you out of town...

NB. the Telegraph write up on the original incident indicates the area in question at the time of the incident was 60% Welsh speaking, so indeed he and his partners policy would disenfranchise the majority of their potential customer base.
    Want List :
    HW55T - Found and I am now in love
    Pictures :

Quote Originally Posted by Happy-Harry View Post
    A licensee can within the grounds of statute determine what happens within their premises, indeed a Licensee can refuse entry or refuse to serve anyone "without reason", however as its legally enshrined that

"Official status has a legal effect, and means that the Welsh language should not be treated less favourably than the English language in Wales." *

Hence if there is a reason for a bar or a ban, and its based on the person using Welsh, then its against statute, and leaves him open to legal action. **

*Quote taken from the Welsh Language Commission website
    http://www.comisiynyddygymraeg.org/E...hlanguage.aspx

** Legal action doesn't of course include a mob of locals armed with pitchforks trying to chase you out of town...

NB. the Telegraph write up on the original incident indicates the area in question at the time of the incident was 60% Welsh speaking, so indeed he and his partners policy would disenfranchise the majority of their potential customer base.
    Agreed. The exception would be "if" the landlord felt antagonised or the effect created was detrimental to his business. Either of which could not be construed as racism.