Thread: ASI / Gamo paratrooper pistol grip wanted (one piece type)

edbear2 Guest

ASI / Gamo paratrooper pistol grip wanted (one piece type)

Hi, same as this;

http://www.airgunspares.com/store/pr...r-Pistol-Grip/

(showing out of stock but in soon).

The gun I have in to repair for someone is complete but has been damp stored, and the grip is shattered with a big bit missing, so a replacement need not be a mint/new example as the gun is simply being tidied up and made to function as a non-cocker at present (.177 repeater).

Complete with good repair, or with scuffs etc. would be fine.

If anyone has something suitable please P.M. or post here with details.

Thank you,

ATB, Ed

edbear2 Guest
    Now sorted regarding the grip, as usual a chance question and one popped up! (in return I had to drill and tap a Paratrooper frame to accept the longer grip / combined forend style bit of kit the owner was replacing the single grip with).

BUT......The thing was not latching, so when eventually apart and the long tray examined which contains a collection of parts which look like gun parts, but made by a 10 year old, I could see nothing obvious, the sear swings and latches, and the trigger releases it, but it (despite a good clean) is as gritty as hell, and if the whole shebang was not riveted (well pins bashed by a maniac would be more accurate) together, I would smooth a few edges out.

So is it a trigger adjustment issue ???, I did play before I stripped the trigger mech out, and it would latch but not fire. The parts seem very little worn, and the piston cutout seems in good order (cylinder and barrel assy still complete), ie. no obvious cracks or burrs which I expected from the feel of it.

Any ideas, links to remedies would be gratefully accepted

If you are a Paratrooper fan (I loved shooting them in the 70's!) then sorry for the above description, but after working on and German stuff, this is pretty dire in quality regarding the inner workings

ATB, Ed

i have one of these and in this case the trigger was so hard to squeeze that the thin trigger blade cut into my finger.adjustments made, is now fine in a limited kind of way.sorry not to be of any help but if the piston slot is ok and sear working you could be correct about trigger adjustment.i did take mine apart for internal lube and share your observation regards quality,when pushing the piston back in, sharp burrs shaved the seal.mine is the repeater and quite good fun just not my kind of thing,i don't like plastic!. atb.

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    Now sorted regarding the grip, as usual a chance question and one popped up! (in return I had to drill and tap a Paratrooper frame to accept the longer grip / combined forend style bit of kit the owner was replacing the single grip with).

BUT......The thing was not latching, so when eventually apart and the long tray examined which contains a collection of parts which look like gun parts, but made by a 10 year old, I could see nothing obvious, the sear swings and latches, and the trigger releases it, but it (despite a good clean) is as gritty as hell, and if the whole shebang was not riveted (well pins bashed by a maniac would be more accurate) together, I would smooth a few edges out.

So is it a trigger adjustment issue ???, I did play before I stripped the trigger mech out, and it would latch but not fire. The parts seem very little worn, and the piston cutout seems in good order (cylinder and barrel assy still complete), ie. no obvious cracks or burrs which I expected from the feel of it.

Any ideas, links to remedies would be gratefully accepted

If you are a Paratrooper fan (I loved shooting them in the 70's!) then sorry for the above description, but after working on and German stuff, this is pretty dire in quality regarding the inner workings

ATB, Ed
    The quality isn't great on these but are good garden plinker. I have a few of these MK1 and MK2's and have messed about with the ones that were not working when they came my way. I had one issue similar to the one you described and found that when I had put it back together I had not adjusted the front stock screws equally enough ???-perhaps causing the action to be incorrectly seated in the frame? The trigger mechanism adjustment screws as you say may also be the issue and you might have to fiddle about with them.

edbear2 Guest
    I think I have sorted it, one obvious fault was one of the contact edges of the sear had what initially looked like a large burr on, on closer examination it had only been machined halfway across! (both heights were still black!), so I stoned that smooth and anything else I could reach. I also put new springs at the trigger and sear rear posts as both originals looked like Biro efforts.It then would latch put not de-cock, so I was baffled, I then played around with the trigger adjustment screws, and suddenly it seems O.K. in that it functions!

It looks very little used inside, no doubt because of the sear issue, I expect it was chucked in the garage when it stopped working all those years ago.

It has the plain non textured stock panels, so I may flat them and spray all with Tamiya brown and then satin clearcoat to tidy up these are quite marked, and give it a whirl with some hobbys or similar, as I imagine flat heads are the best for this sort of magazine type.

It's a super thing to hold, and the sights are good for me, I reckon a modern well made version would be a good seller with a decent trigger etc.

ATB, Ed

Just rebuilding two of these, one is finished. The preload pressure on the springs is huge and both old springs were mangled, do not normally see springs as bad as this. The number of coils is high at 39, but I have replaced with 34. Will have to make a magazine for the unfinished one as I believe they are not available, is that correct ?

Baz

BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Eddie

I'm sure there's a scrap Apache in my parts barn, most of the guts should interchange, anything there that helps you?

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Just rebuilding two of these, one is finished. The preload pressure on the springs is huge and both old springs were mangled, do not normally see springs as bad as this. The number of coils is high at 39, but I have replaced with 34. Will have to make a magazine for the unfinished one as I believe they are not available, is that correct ?

Baz

Try Mr Knibbs think last time he had some they were about 20 quid if he hasn't got any he may be able to get some in stock for you. Would be cool if someone on here can make a batch full to sell.

There's a grip for sale on that well known auction site.

Do you know the item number ? Can only find stock for Air Arms Jackal sidelever available.

Baz

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Do you know the item number ? Can only find stock for Air Arms Jackal sidelever available.

Baz
    Try this Baz.

Troy

Thumbs up

Thanks for that..

Baz