Thread: BSA Goldstar restoration

BSA Goldstar restoration

After being asked about my Goldstar that I bought and bought and restored I thought I would put some pics up of the finished product. I stripped it down and hot chemical reblacked it. I will put other examples of guns that I along with my mate have done in another thread.

Last edited by fozzy45; 01-12-2014 at 12:19 AM.

Beautiful work Could do with better lit pictures of the Goldie, but the before & after pics of the 77 are most impressive... how long did you spend on preping that one?

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Very nice it really does give a real sense of satisfaction to do something like this. I bet you are delighted with the end result.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

Yes lads, sorry about the lack of closeups. I'll try and get some up tomorrow.
    As with any jobs like this the preperation is key. The more you put into it, the better results.
    once you get all the furniture off the gun, then polishing it down really doesn't take as long as you'd think. I clamp the gun into a vice and get strips of emery cloth and just work around it using older cloth to get that polished look.
    Here is a MK1 mercury S I did compared to an original MK2S airsporter.

Wow, that Mercury is really impressive. Looks totally original.

I used the same sanding method on a TX200 that didn't look too badly pitted, except I used strips of various grade wet & dry with light oil, because the only emery I could find locally was about as coarse as dragging the gun across the pavement.

Wet sanding must have been the wrong thing though, because I was doing it for hours & hours, and still didn't get all the pits out.