Thread: FAS604 Advice

FAS604 Advice

Hi need some advice on my FAS604 pistol, its been shooting great this morning then all of a sudden i have gone to reload my pistol and the trigger will not fire off hence its still loaded. Can anyone help me.

kj68

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Have you been tweaking the trigger or stop?

It's scrap mate -- send it to me - I'll dispose of it properly .
    This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future! Adolph Hitler – 1933

Photos and more details needed, cheers.

Mick

Probably find the little allen screws have come lose that hold the trigger mechanism on to the main body.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Probably find the little allen screws have come lose that hold the trigger mechanism on to the main body.

Baz
    Really? Which ones?
    It's most likely the machine screw that holds the trigger tension leaf spring has come out or the leaf has broken.
    Photos would help.

Quote Originally Posted by micken View Post
    Really? Which ones?
    It's most likely the machine screw that holds the trigger tension leaf spring has come out or the leaf has broken.
    Photos would help.

Micken, did not know you had a problem also. Anyway, I have just re-sealed and re-finished this pistol so I did not want to strip it completely again tonight (see below). If you have a problem and a guy gives advice about checking some screws, thats what you do, just check them to discount that problem, easy, not ask him to strip his which has no problem. The screws fix the trigger mechanism to the compression chamber, and you need to lift the mechanism out to get to them.

Baz

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/...ps88ba28f7.jpg
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Micken, did not know you had a problem also. Anyway, I have just re-sealed and re-finished this pistol so I did not want to strip it completely again tonight (see below). If you have a problem and a guy gives advice about checking some screws, thats what you do, just check them to discount that problem, easy, not ask him to strip his which has no problem. The screws fix the trigger mechanism to the compression chamber, and you need to lift the mechanism out to get to them.

Baz

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/...ps88ba28f7.jpg
    Sorry Baz, don't understand your reply. I was simply asking for photos to ID the problem, didn't ask him to strip it. I know from at least one other forum that the OP has the following issue:-

" i was shooting her this morning and all was well, then i heard a rattle so I turned the pistol upside down and a piece of metal plate dropped out. I proceeded to reload the pistol and the trigger would not work so i presume something in trigger mechanism has broke off. "

Since you've been into your 604 and know the internals I think you'll understand how I was trying to help.

The OP has not yet responded on any of the various threads so I'm still thinking that it's the trigger tension spring, either broken or dropped out.

Cheers,

Mick

Edit, just read through the thread again. I wasn't asking you for photos. Was repeating request to OP, sorry for any confusion.
    Last edited by micken; 26-11-2014 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Clarification of thread

Quote Originally Posted by kj68 View Post
    Hi need some advice on my FAS604 pistol, its been shooting great this morning then all of a sudden i have gone to reload my pistol and the trigger will not fire off hence its still loaded. Can anyone help me.

kj68
    Have you been able to make any progress with this fault? It sounds interesting, not least of all because I have an interest in this model of pistol.

fas604

I found where the piece of plate has come from its a small piece of plate which is angled down when in situ but i am at my witts end as i would like to get this pistol fixed. Can anyone advise me. The pistol i have is a mk2 which has two grub screws on the back of the trigger blade.

kj68

Quote Originally Posted by kj68 View Post
    I found where the piece of plate has come from its a small piece of plate which is angled down when in situ but i am at my witts end as i would like to get this pistol fixed. Can anyone advise me. The pistol i have is a mk2 which has two grub screws on the back of the trigger blade.

kj68
    Suggest you upload a close-up photo of the bit that fell out, and if you can identify the part number (e.g. parts list on Chambers website). I expect others on bbs will know what it is and how to get in there and repair it....or maybe even give you their address so they can fix it

fas604

Hi i dont have the part but i will upload a photo tomorrow of where it has come from, km also in touch with a guy from checkmate guns as he services and repairs these lovely pistol.

kj68

Hi, from what I can cobble together it's likely to be the spring from the sear that releases the hammer. Bob Clevely at Checkmate Guns is probably your best bet for spares or fix but you are best knowing what the part is.

I've replied to your pm btw.

Cheers,

Mick

fas604

Hi guys just thought i would update you on my FAS604 its due to go to Robert Clevely of checkmate guns as he is going to sort the problem out for me and service the pistol to. Happy Days

kj68