Hi All,

My first 'proper' post on here, as a follow-on from my recent 'Stripping PCPs' thread. I have recently picked up a well-used X2R with plastic stock for a decent price, and have restricted myself to shooting it in the back garden at 10m so far. The reason I bought it was that I had heard of the fabled accuracy and engineering goodness of Daystate, and wanted some for myself; however, the rifle just refused to zero when bench supported. Thinking it was the old scope, I put a brand new Hawke Sport on it - no change! A few shots making 1cm holes, then two or three fliers every mag. Where was this fabled 'pellet-on-pellet' I had heard so much about? I cleaned the barrel, removed the moderator and the barrel shroud support - still poor. I should add at this point that there were three 10-shot mags with it, but no single pellet tray.

I then rang an independent Daystate authority with my tale of woe, and straight away he said that it was a well-known issue with the 10-shot mags, and that I should hand feed them.

Today I have done just that, and I cannot believe what has just happened - shooting from a bench bag, I have just put ten pellets through exactly the same hole! Frankly, I'm a little shocked; not by the rifles ability, but by the fact that Daystate's magazines cause so many problems to a pellet as it is chambered that the accuracy is so badly affected.

I'm just off to buy a Westy tray from the website, unless anyone has one they wish to be rid of in .177?