Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Daystate magazines causing inaccuracy?

Quote Originally Posted by trick cyclist View Post
    Been intrigued by the Li since I heard about them; I think the bloke on Ted's Holdover likes them. I'll give them a go too, thanks.
    If you want I can let you have 30-40 of them to try. I get them from the Rifle club I am a member of.
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

That's very kind, yes please. By the way, where do you shoot?

my friend who had a daystate that was overpowered was returned to them.daystate then would not agree the rifle was over powered but when it came back it was under the uk limit.says a lot about a company who will not abmit to there being a problem with one of their products.the magazine problem has been around for ages.about 5 years ago another menber of my club had a new daystate and he went through 5 mags until he got one that worked.a lot of time spent on his part sending magazines back to them for something that should work

I shoot at Alingbourne, 10M pistol on Monday evenings, .22 prone on a Thursday and .22 sporting rifle on a Wed and Friday. Not every week of course
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

Quote Originally Posted by Bjacobs571 View Post
    I shoot at Alingbourne, 10M pistol on Monday evenings, .22 prone on a Thursday and .22 sporting rifle on a Wed and Friday. Not every week of course
    Wish I had more time for it too; sounds like a friendly club with a good balance of disciplines.

Having had a Mk3 ,Mk4,huntsman classic and now another M4is I have had some magazine problems in the past that Daystate kindly sorted for me free of charge, my new to me Mk4 came with the latest style magazine with the cut out to enable you to push the pellets into the magazine, it is the best I have had, whilst testing it on paper out to 45 yards to measure the drop I shot 3 pellets and they made a clover leaf hole very impressed. I have just bought a single shot loader from Rowan Engineering for HFT but haven' t tried it yet.

When you look at the way the Daystate magazine slides into position and the surfaces that bear on each other, not just front back and base but the rail on the breech side that matches up with the slot in the back of the mag, then the position of the stop pin, you realise that all of these have to be spot on if the mag housing is to line up properly, let alone the magazine in its housing. Then each of the notches on the mag drum has to be the same as its neighbours, or the amount of rotation will vary from shot to shot.

It's a tall order to get all of this spot on right with what is really a plastic moulding, and sadly there are some mags that are close to the edge of the dimensional tolerances. I had one a year or so ago when Daystate were selling off surplus mags at a discount, the stock levels were excessive, and it took a fair bit of rubbing down the base on a sheet of wet and dry paper on a flat plate, just to get the mag to go into position.

Having said that, I've also got a Rowan single shot loader, and the only time that is an advantage (other than when you are not allowed to use a mag) is that it takes flat head pellets reasonably OK so long as you don't point the barrel up before closing the loader. The standard mag will jam with flat heads as the pellet won't jump the gap from the drum to the breech without the front tipping down a bit.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...
    One of the lads at my club has the new Forester and was having problems zeroing the rifle,it was doing the same as mine, but you could see the mag moving from side to side as he operated the bolt. We took the mag out, fitted a DS single shot tray .22 and the pellets would tip, tail up before entering the breech so when you pushed the bolt in,it was trying to push the pellet in at an angle. Tried a Westy tray, perfect pellet presentation ( if that`s the correct term ) and very tight groups we tried 3 mags and all of them produced flyers, not a few mm out but up to 2 + inch`s round the clock. So at the moment we all using single shot trays in the Daystates .At least we are not using as many pellets. When i get chance i`ll take a photo of what was happening with the DS .22 single shot tray.
    Last edited by gordon; 27-11-2014 at 03:13 PM.