Thread: Best Pistol Scope Under £100

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

Best Pistol Scope Under £100

Something between 2 and 4x, not too large or chunky, prefer 1" to 30mm.

What is the best in terms of clarity and resolution?

At under £100 optics are never going be fantastic but found the 2x AGS is acceptable but takes some getting use too.
    Magnification has it's own problems exaggerating any shake you have, even at 2x it does cause some problems and the closer the target the worse it is. You can get a 3 MOA tube red dot for about the 100 mark which I would recommend over a scope for up to 25yds, wouldn't touch the cheaper 5-6 MOA red dots unless you got very big targets!

These have had a good reception but I've not used one yet, worth researching.

http://www.uttings.co.uk/p118610-pao.../#.VHLzi8k2JKo

As said above, it depends on your use, for benchrested shooting and when parallaxed correctly my similarly specced BSA Edge is spot on from 10m to 50m and beyond.

Cheers, Mick

After recently looking at a POA scope I would avoid it - it was the rifle model but it never ever seemed to be in focus

it was horrible.

I've used the 2x20 SMK - It's actually not bad but for £100 you can get better.

AGS are a reasonable brand - they do pistol scopes

Captain Bongo is offline I'm not falling for this again........
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
    After recently looking at a POA scope I would avoid it - it was the rifle model but it never ever seemed to be in focus

it was horrible.
    Ah yes, the "soft focus" scope. I wasn't impressed either.

We use a nikko Stirling mount master 3-9x40 AO IR scope on a few of our rifles including rimfire rifle, they do the job perfectly at 6 yards and 25 yards.. You can get the from jsramsbottom website or there for £48 delivered.. Bargain..

I think they also do some ags shorter scopes too for pistols.
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

Quote Originally Posted by Marc.RG1 View Post
    We use a nikko Stirling mount master 3-9x40 AO IR scope on a few of our rifles including rimfire rifle, they do the job perfectly at 6 yards and 25 yards.. You can get the from jsramsbottom website or there for £48 delivered.. Bargain..

I think they also do some ags shorter scopes too for pistols.
    I've got a ags pistol scope I don't need ,you can have for 20 posted

Best I've tried by far under £100 is the BSA Edge 2-7x32. I think they may be discontinued though.
    It is quite chunky and heavy but that is largely because the eyepiece lens is huge for a LER pistol scope. This means of course the image you see is bigger. You see more detail on a 42" telly than a 32".

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    There's one in Air Gunner last month.... NC star 2-7x 32 IIRC they seemed to like...
    Here...http://www.scopesdirect.co.uk/catego...escopic+Sights

Its not a recommendation from me I will point out....I think scopes on pistols are a waste of time and destroy the guns balance