Thread: Theoben mfr

Theoben mfr

I have been offered a mfr with a thumb hole stock in 20 for £1000 the only trouble is its a fac. Are they so difficult to find ?

Is it a fac rifle you are looking for
    My mate has a .20 mfr sub 12fpe. Titanium internals and worked on by kev g.
    I don't know if they are rare
    He has just joined the bbs so he might join in this thread

£1000 for a rapid, even in .20, even at sub 12 is waaaaay over the top in my mind. FAC at that price is even more ridiculous.

You could get a new RAW or Impact for a little more.

There's one just gone up for sale, sub 12 for £750 I think...

Quote Originally Posted by valboskie View Post
    Is it a fac rifle you are looking for
    My mate has a .20 mfr sub 12fpe. Titanium internals and worked on by kev g.
    I don't know if they are rare
    He has just joined the bbs so he might join in this thread
    It's a 12 ft lb I'm looking for in20 or 177 I don't want the high power as I use them around the pigs. I have a mk2 rapid in 177 with a pulsar n750 on it but I wanted a mfr because it's a bit lighter thanks for your intrest dicko

Quote Originally Posted by fox-ply View Post
    It's a 12 ft lb I'm looking for in20 or 177 I don't want the high power as I use them around the pigs. I have a mk2 rapid in 177 with a pulsar n750 on it but I wanted a mfr because it's a bit lighter thanks for your intrest dicko
    not by much, the shroud makes it heavy, mk1 with a 280cc is the lightest, ps 1000 is ott

It certainly isn't lighter. The block is the same so whether you use a 280 or 400cc bottle as well as 'shroud or no shroud' will determine its weight.
    As has been said a grand for a FAC Rapid of any kind is WAAAAY too high! I wish it were not so as I have 2.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

All Rapids are starting to get a bit thin on the ground, those who like them are not selling and the money grabbers are breaking them to wring every last penny from the sale.
    For MFR's it's worse because there were less to start with & .20 is probably the rarest of all.

Even having said that, £1000 for a used FAC in any cal is cloud cuckoo land.

50 metres from the English Channel. Worthing
    Interesting. Earlier in the year I bought a pure left handed .20 MFR for a shade under a grand.

I wouldn't sell it for twice that amount.
    Easily led

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    All Rapids are starting to get a bit thin on the ground, those who like them are not selling and the money grabbers are breaking them to wring every last penny from the sale.
    For MFR's it's worse because there were less to start with & .20 is probably the rarest of all.

Even having said that, £1000 for a used FAC in any cal is cloud cuckoo land.
    Funny you should say that. I noticed an advert for Rapid bits and thought the seller was living in dreamland especially for one of the bits-I'm sure you know to which bit I am referring.
    Of course as it is against forum rules I wouldn't dream of commenting on the sales thread itself.

I do recall not that long ago that a chap was buying complete Rapids and breaking them and selling some bits on the bay. The trouble was he knew nothing so finally got rogered when he overpaid for something that proved to be unsaleable. He also got banned from here after several arguments with members.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.