Thread: period scope...

period scope...

I'm in need of a nice period scope, preferably no bigger than 40mm also, a zoomable model would be of more interest

Anyone have anything in a drawer?
    Last edited by p.sharp; 24-11-2014 at 05:43 PM.

Scope

Hi Have a JASON scope form the 80's...' A what ' i hear you cry. Based on the old Original scopes of the same period. Mint and boxed 4 x 40 and made in Japan. Still has price on it £85. Looking for £38 posted. Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by p.sharp View Post
    I'm in need of a nice period scope, preferably no bigger than 40mm

Anyone have anything in a drawer?
    What are you going to put it on will have a look whats in the gun room spare for you

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Hi Have a JASON scope form the 80's...' A what ' i hear you cry. Based on the old Original scopes of the same period. Mint and boxed 4 x 40 and made in Japan. Still has price on it £85. Looking for £38 posted. Mach 1.5
    Unfortunately, I forgot to mention I'm preferably after a zoomable model 3-9x40 etc great name for a scope though!

Quote Originally Posted by fatttmannn View Post
    What are you going to put it on will have a look whats in the gun room spare for you
    Hi, its to go on a fwb sport, I did have until recently an old 3-9x56...which made the sport look like a tinplate Diana.

So a period socpe then would be no bigger than a 3-9x40 then Have to say mach 1.5,s 4x40 would fit the bill. I have a Pecar 4x36 on my Sport at moment, awesome optics.

Got a 1970's gloss black Redfield Wide Field 2-7x32 ( pic with it on my HW90 in a Sportsmatch double low mount - with a modern Redfield Rev above it...It's the model with the squat occular TV lens) In good condition for its age, everything works as it should...looking for £90 inc mount or £70 without the mount (the mount is new, bought from our sponsor a few weeks ago, cost about £30)...any good to you?

EdiT: if this one is no good for you...I'm sure Muskett had a few nice period scopes for sale a week or two ago...might be worth giving him a shout.
    blah blah

The Redfiled 2-7 mentioned above or if Redfiled dont float your boat a Tasco 2-7x32AG (Jap) if you can find one at similar money. The occasionally appear on here s/h or perhaps a 'WANTED' advert.

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

I missed a 2-7 tasco not long back Ian, it was on electronic bay as a ww2 scope

Naturally, I forgot all about the auction & obviously didn't bid...it sold for £6.80 or something like that

I actually think I'm swaying towards the redfield tbh

Ahhh...

...will still look but doubt I'll beat this lot
    Pardon?

Is it a mint rifle or just excellent? If my add is still up I had a few up for grabs, but non did I wish to give away. Top dollar but several would suit you sir. Good period scopes are hard to find.
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....lectors-Scopes

Its for a...shall we say, 'well used field gun' muskett, so mint optics would look slightly out of place I'm afraid!

I think I'm actually sorted now, so I'd like to thank all who sent pm's etc after scouring the back of their drawers (oo-er)