Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two old 177 webley pistols

Smile Two old 177 webley pistols

Hi, i have two old 177 webley pistols that i would like dated if possible. one has wooden grips and the other plastic. the number on the the one with the wooden grips is 834 on the front of the chamber and under the grip it is 4834.it has on the side The webley junior 177 and webley & scott Birmingham 4 made in England. the other one has 951 on the front and 51951 just above the trigger and has webley air pistol mark 3 made in England stamped on it and has patent numbers for Great Britain 219872 / USA 7-7-25 and CANADA 1925. they both still work but could do with some TLC. also could anyone give me a rough idea of how much they might be worth. i am sorry but i have no idea how to add pictures but i do have some that i could send although it may take a little time because i am not to clever with computers and such. thank you all. steve.

webley mk 1

the mark 3 is probabley a mk 1 wood grip ?

The one that says mark 3 has plastic grips and the junior has wooden grips. steve.

wood grip junior

just read this again and you say its the junior with wood grip is the grip plain or is ther lines running down the grip?

mk3

Quote Originally Posted by beata View Post
    The one that says mark 3 has plastic grips and the junior has wooden grips. steve.
    the mk 3 is a rifle not a pistol have another look

the grips are plain on the junior but has two shallow dents for your fingers that may be or may not be original but they look to me like they should be there..

Quote Originally Posted by splosh! View Post
    the mk 3 is a rifle not a pistol have another look
    sorry about that, just had a little clean up and it is a 1 if that makes better sense.

Hi again, just been having another clear out and found my old 177 ORIGINAL model 22 air rifle. the number engraged on the breach is AS260. could anyone can give me a date for the old girl and pssibly a value, again it needs some TLC but still works ok. steve.

The junior is a post war model made after 1945 and the grips have been replaced they should be plastic, and the mark 1 is a prewar model made until 1939-40, if it has plastic grips it should say mark 11 target if not then the grips have been replaced on this also, without photos it is hard tell as well as give a value.

Thank you for your info. there is no other marking on either of them apart from what i have said. what i will do is try to get my son to put some pictures on here. i have some on my phone and on the laptop but i just dont know how to add them. i know i can email them because i have managed to do that with my Diana 54 a few weeks ago. thanks again for the info. steve.

Quote Originally Posted by beata View Post
    i have some on my phone and on the laptop but i just dont know how to add them. i know i can email them because i have managed to do that with my Diana 54 a few weeks ago. thanks again for the info. steve.
    Steve you can email them to me if you like and I'll host them for you. Address in my profile.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Cheers, your a star. i will get going on it now but it may take me a little while to sort it. as i said i am not to bright at this. working on it now.

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Thanks to Garvin i now have some pictures of them, any more info and a possible sale price would be great. steve.

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Oh dear. In that state neither pistol is going to be worth much.
    I'd say the junior would be worth £25-30 and the Mk1 POSSIBLY as much as £40-£45, purely because it's a pre-war example.
    Probably quite a bit less than you were hoping for, but their condition is only just the right side of dire.
    The mk1, may be worth restoring, but whoever you choose to do the reblueing would need to assess the condition of the steel as to pitting, etc.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.