Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rapid bullpup

rapid bullpup

This thread contains images that some viewers might find upsetting, if you hate Rapids, Bullpups, paint and DIY, if you are easily offended or own a Daystate Ranger please look away now!

Still very much "work in progress" need to sort out a long weaver rail and a couple of other bits but you get the idea

remote trigger assembly and reg extension

trigger linkage protector and trigger guard

stock made from scraps of wood

a bit of paint (much darker in real life, (flash reflects primmer colour)

[IMG]
    http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w178/bucketboy1954/001_zpscf7849f8.jpg[/IMG]

Total cost so far excluding donor rapid £15.25

Bb

That's really great! What's the trigger like to use?

Thanks, the trigger has numerous adjustment to the geometry plus all the settings on the mk4 cassette, it is the best trigger on any of my guns..

Bb

Very nice, I love that colour

are you going to try to move the cocking handle ? the reason I don't much like BP's isn't the look, it's the ergonomics, with the bolt is back by your ear .

Lovely job going on there mate, one thing ,No cheek piece.Do you think it will bother it? as in a floating head= parallax ? Not knocking it just an observation ,still think it looks the bee`s knee`s.
    1 Rapid+sentinal n/v, 1 HW100+ Mamba lite

I have some long Chinese rails somewhere...maybe we could trade?

PM me if interested.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Very nice, I love that colour

are you going to try to move the cocking handle ? the reason I don't much like BP's isn't the look, it's the ergonomics, with the bolt is back by your ear .
    The bolt is about 4" in front of my nose, but yeah, I'm not sure if I will like it until I try it.

Bb

Quote Originally Posted by Bladerunner too View Post
    Lovely job going on there mate, one thing ,No cheek piece.Do you think it will bother it? as in a floating head= parallax ? Not knocking it just an observation ,still think it looks the bee`s knee`s.

Thanks, I made a comb but until I fit the scope I don't know if I need it, I might get correct head position with the right height mounts.

Bb

Well i own an air ranger and i looked i likes it a lot . shame my technical abilities extend to changing Orings or Grumpy and his air ranger would be heading for the shed !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bucketboy View Post
    Thanks, I made a comb but until I fit the scope I don't know if I need it, I might get correct head position with the right height mounts.

Bb
    Having built some bullpups, I'd suggest making the rail a bit higher than you think is needed. That will give you more options with scope mount heights and if you go too high you can always cut down the height. Adding up height is problematic.
    Viking Mk2 .177/.22 bullpup, BSA Scorpion SE .177, BSA Scorpion .25 100M gun, BSA Scorpion .224 100fpe 100M gun,
    Evanix Blizzard .257/.357 200M BR, Evanix Sniper X2 .45 at 270 fpe

finally got around to fitting a rail, some mounts and a bushnell elite 3x9x40, has a quick zeroing session yesterday, managed to cloverleaf 4 pellets @75yards, well pleased

Bb

pup

nice job Pete, like that a lot, well done mate.
    MK1 7/12 14" CZ barrel. , Dustin mod.Kevg reg. Bb valve , titanium tube, bushy legend. MK2 177,Kevg reg.silent pip,MK4 trigger,Bucketboy shroud.ssg spring, Nikon monarch

mmm not bad think you should sell it cheap to me and start again lol

very nice bud

That is one impressive piece of custom airgun art, if I worked at RAW or Impact Airguns I would be copying or taking inspiration from that. Look at all the FX Verminator, Evenix etc sales of compact air rifles. Very professional.

I hate Rapids to look at normally. That's the best I've seen. Top job!