Thread: what vintage rifle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    If you want something a bit different, how about an Hammerli sideleaver. Mines a model 2 in .177, not powerful but accurate has a match rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by fatttmannn View Post
    If you want something a bit different, how about an Hammerli sideleaver. Mines a model 2 in .177, not powerful but accurate has a match rifle.

Andy Mac (AMAC), a fellow club member and friend, did an article on my Hammerli side lever in the December issue of Airgunner. He liked it.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Andy Mac (AMAC), a fellow club member and friend, did an article on my Hammerli side lever in the December issue of Airgunner. He liked it.
    The Hammerli is one of the few extremely accurate tap-loaders. However, it won't make more than 9 fpe without putting a 'strong' HW77 spring in it which takes from its mild nature. A stronger spring puts pressure on the narrow stamped-steel sear, which can wear AND is unobtainable as a spare, and on the stamped-steel cocking lever which due to its design can start to bend at the pivot end.

As one or two of us have remarked, the only way to go is an HW35. Or possibly an HW50 (old school) with tune up. I know a late Mercury or Mercury-S can do well, but they need a good deal of fettling, and for the average shooter the trigger mechanism on the HW just makes it easier to get good hunting accuracy.
    Last edited by Hsing-ee; 30-11-2014 at 06:46 PM.

Thx for all of the replies.....its an HW 35 then...and a Webley service rifle to play with.

I would certainly recommend a HW77K which I would assume has been mentioned.
    Last edited by fozzy45; 02-12-2014 at 03:04 PM.