Thread: Milbro Pellets

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

Milbro Pellets

Being a bit picky about pellets, I haven't used any Milbro pellets since the 80s. The Caledonians always seemed to have skirts and heads which were lopsided, so that the distance between the front band and the skirt band varied around the pellet. It didn't inspire confidence and I always thought of them as a cheap and nasty version of the Eley Wasp, which was The Real Thing in terms of dome-heads.

I see they are still thriving, does anyone use them? Are they just sold on price as plinker's projectiles or do they have some unique merits?

I use Milbro TR .22 in my S&W 78G.
    They are same short size as the original S&W pellets that came with the gun.
    They work very well and are cheap.
    I also use .22 Caledonians in old rifles with good results.

It seems wrong to use modern AA fields and they are not cheap!

I, like you wondered how they were still going after all these years. I bought some of the "ultra" - then new Caledonian in the blue tins. They're the ones mixed with graphite. They were caked in it. still not anywhere near a standard of uniformity that I would be expecting and produced groups that were not safe to use as hunting pellets. Cheap for a reason.

milbro pellets

Can;t speak for the other cal's but the milbro rhino's in .25 are good in older bsa barrels & give a flatter trajectory than german pellets(which need re-sizing for bsa .25 barrels.) The quality vastly improved since ben taylor refurbished the machine they were made on.

The milbro caledonians group very well in my webley xocet at short to medium range. They actually came out top of all the different pellets I tried. Surprising really but im not complaining.
    hoplophobe

Forgot about the Rhinos.
    Another good pellet as above.

Just tried .22 TR on my old Webley Tracker and very impressed by results. Tried them as I couldn't get proper Wasps. I have yet to confirm grouping as gun is in work.

Milbro pellets

I would not use them in modern rifles as there are much better pellets around.
    However my friend has a Webley Tracker and an Air Arms SE90 and they shoot penny size groups at 25 yards with the twin ring pellets.
    They have a bigger head than most of the modern pellets which suits his guns.

Gaz

I use them in my old BSA Club Standard in .177" but even so it shoots better with RWS Club 10 flat wadcutter target pellets than it does with the Caledonians. I've two tins...the red ones. One day they might be a collector's item like tins of genuine ELEY Wasp!

I have just washed a tin of .22 TR and couldn't find any residue. Water was only slightly cloudy. A few misshaped but no more than top brands.