Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TX experts opinion please

TX experts opinion please

A TX is probably going to be my next purchase. Now I normally get my springers in .22. But has anyone got experience of them in both calibres ? I no .22 springers are normally nicer to shoot, but if there is not much difference between them I may opt for one in .177, it will probably be the full length version. It will only be used really for informal target shooting.
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    If you're gonna get a .177 springer go heavy!

You won't get much heavier than a TX!
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    If you're gonna get a .177 springer go heavy!

You won't get much heavier than a TX!
    True Nick on both accounts BUT is there much in it between the calibres ? If not .177 its is .......were,s Jon budd when ye need him

Iv'e never had a .22 tx but the full length .177 has a very very nice firing cycle with very low recoil, in fact i find that they shoot a lot nicer than most other rifles do in .22. I would definitely recommend shortening the stroke up on the mk3 tx though, while this is in no way essential it does make them a bit easier to shoot accurately imo...

Fluffybuck is offline Member of the .25 cal fan club
    .177 TX or preferably TXHC will be fine for targets. Due to its considerable weight it's not nearly as tricky to shoot as the lighter .177 springers. The longer version can feel a bit front-heavy at times.

I'd still get the .22cal TXHC for hunting though, for both 'knockdown', less recoil and less muzzle crack. If you've ever been downrange of an unsilenced .177 TXHC the noise is horrible even if not loud.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    The .177 is fine for your purposes, you only really have to watch out with the light, heavily sprung break barrels.

Thanks chaps, looking like a .177 is a safe bet

Evening Dave .... Hope you're good ...

I had a mk3 in .177 .... short stroked .... Shot really nice .... Sure it wasn't as soft as a.22 ,but yeah really nice in 177
    Www.wendoverairrifleclub.co.uk
    Quigley Hollow Airgun Club
    I kicked the bucket , with 2 feet firmly on the ground

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    Go for it Dave, and we can then tune it at the next bash.

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by Snooper601 View Post

Cheers

John
    "SNOOP GLOOP", here we come!!

Hope you're keeping well, John.

And the next Bash will be on --/--/201-
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by chris.allum View Post
    Evening Dave .... Hope you're good ...

I had a mk3 in .177 .... short stroked .... Shot really nice .... Sure it wasn't as soft as a.22 ,but yeah really nice in 177
    Hi Chris, yep I'm well thanks mate, hope you are bud. Ye a nice TX in .177 is calling, just a matter of tracking a good one down. Got a while before the next bash unless Mick sneaks an early one in

Quote Originally Posted by Snooper601 View Post

Cheers

John
    Sounds good to me John

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do

You will fall in love.

Dave a .177 in full length is an absolutely superb rifle, don't have any experience whatsoever os short stroking but would have to say a TX straight out if the box would out shoot almost all shooters with the right pellets. Have said it before but with Air Arms charging almost £200 if you decide you want a walnut stock at a later date, go for the walnut at the time of purchase. This rifle I am sure will be a keeper.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

Quote Originally Posted by barrel View Post
    Dave a .177 in full length is an absolutely superb rifle, don't have any experience whatsoever os short stroking but would have to say a TX straight out if the box would out shoot almost all shooters with the right pellets. Have said it before but with Air Arms charging almost £200 if you decide you want a walnut stock at a later date, go for the walnut at the time of purchase. This rifle I am sure will be a keeper.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    Hi there, your right they shoot absolutely spot on straight from the box, i did find that my mk3 was easier to shoot accurately for me after having the stroke reduced to the app length of the mk1 & mk2 though. I'm pretty sure it was just making up for my bad technique as i find it hard or sometimes impossible to follow through on the shot and the lazy firing cycle of the mk3 wasn't helping, my grouping improved a fair bit after getting the mod done...

Re

Easy get both! for pure target tho it's got to be 177,tho my short stroked 22 is fantastic.