Thread: Rekord trigger HW97K

Rekord trigger HW97K

Can someone please tell me:

Can I remove the trigger assembly without removing the end piece of the gun?

Cheers!
    Wanted part new/used: Model 65, 80, 90 part 1600.178.1 Führungsachse, hinten ø 4,615 Guide axle, rear, ø 4,615

Yes. It's not under direct pressure from the mainspring.

Drift the pins out, as the rear of the trigger mechanism drops down the safety catch and its spring will be released. Make sure you don't lose them, they can "fly".

And when putting it back in cock the trigger unit first.

Cheers for the replies gents!

As I am looking closer at the assembly I notice that the pins holding the parts
    in the assembly are not held in place with the usual E-clips, they seem to
    locked by being "hammered" at the ends.
    Any issues or special tricks removing them, or will I be fine just driving them
    out and later just knock them back in again?

Cheers!
    Wanted part new/used: Model 65, 80, 90 part 1600.178.1 Führungsachse, hinten ø 4,615 Guide axle, rear, ø 4,615

Quote Originally Posted by Eidem View Post
    Cheers for the replies gents!

As I am looking closer at the assembly I notice that the pins holding the parts
    in the assembly are not held in place with the usual E-clips, they seem to
    locked by being "hammered" at the ends.
    Any issues or special tricks removing them, or will I be fine just driving them
    out and later just knock them back in again?

Cheers!
    They are hardened pins and just held in by friction. Some are so loose that they almost fall out, while others have to be "persuaded" with a hammer and pin punch.

Neil
    Current airguns:- Steyr LG110: Steyr LP10: Air Arms HFT500: Weihrauch97 fully customised.

Quote Originally Posted by u.k.neil View Post
    They are hardened pins and just held in by friction. Some are so loose that they almost fall out, while others have to be "persuaded" with a hammer and pin punch.

Neil
    Cheers! I just tried giving one a whack with a pin punch and it came right out and went back in again without
    problems. Looking at them had me somewhat worried. It could appear that someone had been a bit overeager
    with an hammer and a chisel while assembling the trigger unit.

On all the HWs I strip I spend a few moments gently rubbing the pins down on emery and dressing the holes up with a needle file so the pins can be replaced with finger pressure. Saves a lot of hassle when your re-building.
    As previously stated - dont forget to cock the trigger before replacing it and dont forget to fire the trigger otherwise, when you come to cock it, you wonder whats gone wrong (Dont ask me how I know this )

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    On all the HWs I strip I spend a few moments gently rubbing the pins down on emery and dressing the holes up with a needle file so the pins can be replaced with finger pressure. Saves a lot of hassle when your re-building.
    As previously stated - dont forget to cock the trigger before replacing it and dont forget to fire the trigger otherwise, when you come to cock it, you wonder whats gone wrong (Dont ask me how I know this )

HTH
    Ian

He he he, I think we have all done that at one time or another.

You soon remember though.

Neil
    Current airguns:- Steyr LG110: Steyr LP10: Air Arms HFT500: Weihrauch97 fully customised.

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post

HTH
    Ian
    Cheers!

No issues with the pins falling out later?

And yeah I will remember to un-cock the trigger before putting it back

Quote Originally Posted by vobster View Post
    And when putting it back in cock the trigger unit first.
    Out of interest, why do you need to do this?

On all of the 97's I've stripped I've never needed to cock the trigger unit first?

Quote Originally Posted by u.k.neil View Post
    He he he, I think we have all done that at one time or another.

You soon remember though.
    Neil
    Thank God it hasn't been just me. I took the action out of the stock and only realized as I was tapping the pins out and the trigger fired

Quote Originally Posted by Eidem View Post
    Cheers!

No issues with the pins falling out later?
    Just relieve them until they are finger tight. They cant go far in the stock anyway. What can do a runner is the hollow dowels (and safety catch spring) in the trigger side plates.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbob 2705 View Post

On all of the 97's I've stripped I've never needed to cock the trigger unit first?
    Its just easier not to be working against the top sear spring pressure.

HTH
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbob 2705 View Post

Easier to line it all up. I cock the unit, look through the side pin holes to line up, push the safety half way in, put the pins in and then pull the trigger. If you forget to pull the trigger it wont cock first time.

Quote Originally Posted by vobster View Post
    Easier to line it all up. I cock the unit, look through the side pin holes to line up, push the safety half way in, put the pins in and then pull the trigger. If you forget to pull the trigger it wont cock first time.
    I do this over a white paper or cloth.

I wish I'd seen this thread at the weekend while I was working on my 97..
    cock trigger unit; will remember that for next time (and save on my weekly quota of swear words)
    HW98 .177, Falcon Menace 4.5-18x56, WW tune HW97 blue laminate .177, Hawke eclipse 4-16x50 ir BSA Scorpion se tactical .177 ,BSA deerhunter 6.5-32×46 SMK XS78, .22 3-9x40 Mountmaster- Remington Express xp tactical .22, standard - Gamo CF20 .177 - mk1 meteor .177